Fun(nier) topic to discuss

SpeedySavior

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, I'm a senior in high school and have no real business posting here, so I apologize if this is an annoyance/inconvenience/
idiotic post/etc.. But I want to ask about the rather funny experience I had this morning.

I was spending some time (Technically shadowing) With a friend of mine who is a first year resident/intern at the local Health Science Center. Also with her was a few other students (who I consider friends) who are 3rd year med students.

Well anyway, I don't know what happened to escalate a situation so fast, but a nurse, whom had been at the hospital for ~20 years, snapped on my friend, the intern. It had something to do with paper work but once again, it was none of my business. My friend, well she left in tears and the nurse continued to scold the med students. I looked to the attending for that day, and he simply ignored it and went about his business writing on a Manila folder (which didn't have anything in it, oddly. He was That desperate to ignore the situation). A few minutes of yelling went on and the med students walked away. The nurse then goes to the attending, throws the chart at him and says "you fix their mistakes!" And she walks into a room. Me and the attending make eye contact for a second or so, and he then sits at the desk, and begins viewing this chart that caused the nurse to blow up in the first place.

So are interns and med students that low on the hospital food chain? Has any other med students had an experience like that? It was kind of intimadating at first, but Hilarious now that I think about it. I was just wondering if anyone else had experiences like this they wouldn't mind sharing.

Members don't see this ad.

Ah yes, the classic verbal abuse of a student by a nurse. Hilarious! Gets me every time.

First off, I'm a senior in high school and have no real business posting here, so I apologize if this is an annoyance/inconvenience/idiotic post/etc.. But I want to ask about the rather funny experience I had this morning.

Apology accepted.

First off, I'm a senior in high school and have no real business posting here, so I apologize if this is an annoyance/inconvenience/
idiotic post/etc.. But I want to ask about the rather funny experience I had this morning.

I was spending some time (Technically shadowing) With a friend of mine who is a first year resident/intern at the local Health Science Center. Also with her was a few other students (who I consider friends) who are 3rd year med students.

Well anyway, I don't know what happened to escalate a situation so fast, but a nurse, whom had been at the hospital for ~20 years, snapped on my friend, the intern. It had something to do with paper work but once again, it was none of my business. My friend, well she left in tears and the nurse continued to scold the med students. I looked to the attending for that day, and he simply ignored it and went about his business writing on a Manila folder (which didn't have anything in it, oddly. He was That desperate to ignore the situation). A few minutes of yelling went on and the med students walked away. The nurse then goes to the attending, throws the chart at him and says "you fix their mistakes!" And she walks into a room. Me and the attending make eye contact for a second or so, and he then sits at the desk, and begins viewing this chart that caused the nurse to blow up in the first place.

So are interns and med students that low on the hospital food chain? Has any other med students had an experience like that? It was kind of intimadating at first, but Hilarious now that I think about it. I was just wondering if anyone else had experiences like this they wouldn't mind sharing.

I don't know if they are treated any differently;all of the residents at my hospital are fairly treated(rural south). The pay grade is like $32 an hour though. Which is horrible.