Funding from Canadian banks for my D.O program in the U.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neytini

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am having trouble securing a line of credit because I can't seem to convince the employees at TD and Scotiabank that the D.O program I got accepted to (RVUCOM-CO) is an actual medical school.

There are no osteopathic medical schools in Canada, and they continue to confuse osteopathic medical doctors with manual osteopathy. Without a student line of credit, I won't be able to attend the medical school in the States.

Has anyone been through this personally, and has advice or someone I can reach out to (e.g. a bank employee they talked to prior who was able to approve their loan)?

Any advice at all is appreciated!

I intend to continue my conversation to try and convince them, as well as reach out to the other major banks.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I am having trouble securing a line of credit because I can't seem to convince the employees at TD and Scotiabank that the D.O program I got accepted to (RVUCOM-CO) is an actual medical school.

There are no osteopathic medical schools in Canada, and they continue to confuse osteopathic medical doctors with manual osteopathy. Without a student line of credit, I won't be able to attend the medical school in the States.

Has anyone been through this personally, and has advice or someone I can reach out to (e.g. a bank employee they talked to prior who was able to approve their loan)?

Any advice at all is appreciated!

I intend to continue my conversation to try and convince them, as well as reach out to the other major banks.

Thank you!
Talk to Financial Aid or Dean of Student Services

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone in the future who happens to come across this post:

I think I just got lucky at TD, but CIBC is definitely a good bet. The person I talked to showed me that they actually mention osteopathic schools in their policy book guidelines or whatever thing. Try CIBC!

The Canadian Osteopathic Association (COA) has also been helpful. Try emailing them if you still have trouble!

Reactions: 1 user