Funny posting for an anesthesiologist position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

excalibur

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a random email for an open position somewhere in America. Check out this excerpt. This is from a physician recruiter mind you.

"You must be experienced and confident enough to get relatively unhealthy and poorly prepared patients through major procedures without canceling cases."

WOW!!!

Members don't see this ad.

At least they are honest.
They should have been very specific:
You must be willing to look the other way when a patient has had a drug eluting stent 1 month ago but the surgeon has scheduled them for elective surgery and stopped all of their anti platelet drugs. You must have a poor understanding or respect for recognized NPO guidelines. Elective surgeries can be declared emergent if it benefits the surgeon's schedule (you don't have a problem with that do you?).

I received a random email for an open position somewhere in America. Check out this excerpt. This is from a physician recruiter mind you.

"You must be experienced and confident enough to get relatively unhealthy and poorly prepared patients through major procedures without canceling cases."

WOW!!!

Translates in plain language the ad means:

We have ghetto or rural payer mix patients and surgeons who are fee for service who need to do the cases regardless of patient safety to make money.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a sad state of affairs when it is easier to find a gung ho anesthesiologist, than properly working up your pts.

Last edited:
You are right. I thought the term gung ho had some carelessness into it but according to wikipedia I am wrong.