Future of Anesthesiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentDoctor#1000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm a premed student. And I'm sorry if my naivete causes you too much annoyance lol.

So, since college started, I saw my career path as singular, being a life science teacher. And I'm currently teaching during my internship, and it's totally awesome! But, a few months ago, I needed to complete some volunteer hours so I could get my honors college slip signed. The local hospital needs help from time to time, and while I was there closing laundry bags in the ER, I saw a few buddies of mine who are from the premed group. They were there to see a surgery, so I just followed them. I saw this anesthesiologist guy sitting in the corner, and I don't know why, but I was just fascinated by what he was doing.

I caught up with him right after, begged him to let me follow him around for my service hours...and boom, I was sold on the career. The Anesthesiologist I shadowed is a super chill guy, pretty much has the same personality as I do, and I find that his job suits him really, really well.

And I'm at the point six months later that I'm applying to Medical School, totally changing the trajectory of mine and my s.o.'s life. Crazy?! And what bothers me even a bit more is the future of Anesthesiology...is there one?

For reference I live in Austin, TX and plan on being here forever.

Members don't see this ad.

Just read through the rest of the current threads, anything related to reimbursement to CRNA issues to AMC takeovers. You will get the picture quickly. There have to be 10 other threads within the last year or two with titles and subject matter similar to this one which will answer your question.

Closing.

This forum is not the appropriate venue for pre-med questions.
The future of anesthesiology has been discussed many times previously on this forum, I suggest a search.

Good luck with everything.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.