GA-PCOM Biomedical Students 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MsBioMed2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I was accepted into the GA-PCOM Biomedical Sciences Program for 2011-2012! Anyone else get an acceptance letter yet? Trying to get to know some of my classmates!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I just completed my App i hope to hear back soon! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
yay got accepted to biomed science starting fall 2011.

I got accepted and paid the fee.. are you guys going to the open house on April 15?

im currently living in seattle right now. U?

I was accepted today, very exciting news :) Congrats to everyone else who was accepted too.

Hey everyone, I was also accepted today. I got an email! :D I currently live in Marietta, GA but I may be moving closer to GA PCOM near Suwanee. I went to the previous open house and it was very helpful. I may stop by for the April 15th open house, just to meet more biomed and DO students. Good luck to those who applied!

Hello! I was accepted into the GA-PCOM Biomedical Sciences Program for 2011-2012! Anyone else get an acceptance letter yet? Trying to get to know some of my classmates!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I've also been accepted. :D I heard that they will mail out info packets at the end of the month. This is so exciting :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone that's been accepted. I'm applying to the program right now and was wondering if someone could tell me about how long their personal statement was/is? Thanks in advance!

Congrats to everyone that's been accepted. I'm applying to the program right now and was wondering if someone could tell me about how long their personal statement was/is? Thanks in advance!

There were two short essays for my online application and my second essay (the one that was more like a personal statement) was 472 words. Best of luck! I hope we can be classmates. :)

for those of you guys that got accepted to the program, have you received any packet yet or even pcom account set up?

for those of you guys that got accepted to the program, have you received any packet yet or even pcom account set up?

I live in GA, and just received my info binder today! It came via media mail in a big yellow package and was stamped to send out April 6th. The binder contained info on how to set up your pcom email acct which is how the majority of communication/news btwn school and student is conducted.

I live in GA, and just received my info binder today! It came via media mail in a big yellow package and was stamped to send out April 6th. The binder contained info on how to set up your pcom email acct which is how the majority of communication/news btwn school and student is conducted.

I havent gotten my binder yet!:( I called the school and got my info so I can check on my financial aid information.

atlanticrun- thank you, ill just wait for couple more days i guess.

How many of you guys are going to do the one-year vs the two-year program?

I received my packet earlier this week. Maybe we should start a fb group for pcom-ga biomed students just so that we can help each other out.

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU FOR GETTING IN!!!:)

Im still waiting to hear back from them. I applied on 3/28 but they are really busy this time of year. Hopefully I will hear something by next week, b/c im going CRAZY. :xf:(fingers, toes, and eyes crossed, praying and using holy water) lol.

Congrats to those who have been accepted! I think a fb group is great idea, I hope to get to know you all.

Good luck to those waiting!

Im in too!! Whoo hoo! Super excited. Thank god!!!

Anybody else hear anything lately?? And for those that have gotten in, has anyone started that facebook page yet?

Anybody else hear anything lately?? And for those that have gotten in, has anyone started that facebook page yet?

I havent heard anything lately. I finally got my binder a couple of weeks ago and I started looking through it. I havent started the FB group. Has anyone else??

I haven't seen a fb group for GA PCOM, but there is one for the main branch titled PA-PCOM Biomeds 2011-2012. So MSBiomed2011 if you want create one GA, I think you'll be good. :)

I haven't seen a fb group for GA PCOM, but there is one for the main branch titled PA-PCOM Biomeds 2011-2012. So MSBiomed2011 if you want create one GA, I think you'll be good. :)

Well alright! I will get it started!

Hey guys! Congratulations to all those accepted to the Biomedical Sciences Program at PCOM-GA.

I applied back in March and they slowly updated all the materials I've been sending them.

Currently, it says I am missing a biographical statement? Is that the same one in the application? I called the office a few times and they told me it just takes them awhile to update it.

Also, how long after you applied did you hear back on acceptance?

Thanks!

Hey guys! Congratulations to all those accepted to the Biomedical Sciences Program at PCOM-GA.

I applied back in March and they slowly updated all the materials I've been sending them.

Currently, it says I am missing a biographical statement? Is that the same one in the application? I called the office a few times and they told me it just takes them awhile to update it.

Also, how long after you applied did you hear back on acceptance?

Thanks!

From what Ms Rodman told me, its the same one thats in the application. I completed my app at the end of march. After that, it took over a month to hear anything. I know that they are still behind on processing apps because of the 2-3 week conferences they had gone to back in March.

From what Ms Rodman told me, its the same one thats in the application. I completed my app at the end of march. After that, it took over a month to hear anything. I know that they are still behind on processing apps because of the 2-3 week conferences they had gone to back in March.

Thank you! It's so nerve wrecking waiting for a response...I'm currently waiting on UMDNJ's program also...keeping my fingers crossed for both and hopefully I will hear some good news soon and be joining you guys!

Has anyone received their Financial Aid awards for the year? I got mine, and I think I am going to have to continue workinga few days. Does anyone know of any scholarships/grants? I really want to focus just on school and not have to work. :confused:

Thank you! It's so nerve wrecking waiting for a response...I'm currently waiting on UMDNJ's program also...keeping my fingers crossed for both and hopefully I will hear some good news soon and be joining you guys!

It took about 3 months before I got my decision letter. They are very busy now, and it took them a while to update all of my documents in the system. I think you will be fine though.

Has anyone received their Financial Aid awards for the year? I got mine, and I think I am going to have to continue workinga few days. Does anyone know of any scholarships/grants? I really want to focus just on school and not have to work. :confused:

No, I havent heard anything about my financial aid package. I thought that maybe no one else had either. I will definately be calling in the morning. I know for a fact that I will need more money (im moving from texas) So, I already told my job to put me on the schedule for everything they have open for the summer. lol. But i hope to get enough financial aid and loans so that I wont have to work at all during the year, or at least minimally.

It took about 3 months before I got my decision letter. They are very busy now, and it took them a while to update all of my documents in the system. I think you will be fine though.

Oh wow. 3 months!

On the online portal, it says I am missing my biographical statement and application fee but my application along with the biographical statement was submitted a long time ago back in March.

My application fee was mailed out 2 weeks ago with the signature page and the signature page was received.

I just hope my chances of getting accepted aren't ruined due to all this delay!

Congrats to everyone that has been hearing good news though!

Oh wow. 3 months!

On the online portal, it says I am missing my biographical statement and application fee but my application along with the biographical statement was submitted a long time ago back in March.

My application fee was mailed out 2 weeks ago with the signature page and the signature page was received.

I just hope my chances of getting accepted aren't ruined due to all this delay!

Congrats to everyone that has been hearing good news though!

I dont think they will hold that against you.

No, I havent heard anything about my financial aid package. I thought that maybe no one else had either. I will definately be calling in the morning. I know for a fact that I will need more money (im moving from texas) So, I already told my job to put me on the schedule for everything they have open for the summer. lol. But i hope to get enough financial aid and loans so that I wont have to work at all during the year, or at least minimally.

I am working full/overtime as well this summer! Im trying to save enough so that I will have a little cushion. I am also looking for a part time job as well.

Just spoke to admissions today, application is complete as of today and I was told they'd be reviewing this week and get an email notification in the next 2 weeks. Ahhh. So nervous!

Hey y'all! I just got accepted into the program today :) I can't wait to meet everybody! Does anyone know of any good apartments to live in around the campus?

I have been looking around for apartments. I will be moving with my 2 daughters getting a divorce. I have found that the apartments want 3 times your income to move in or a cosigner. Has anyone else ran into this problem and is there any apartments I won't have to have those things. Oh I am moving from Arkansas.