GA vs MAC s/p esophagectomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasnewby

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For pts s/p esophagectomy- Any benefit to GA vs MAC for procedures that don't necessarily require GA- to decrease aspiration risk?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In my mind, MAC increases aspiration risk. GA decreases it if you tube the guy.

I don't know about what the grey haired docs (metaphorically speaking of course) feel like, but I think doing a MAC case is damn hard and stressful. The more I do anesthesia, the more I think a better MAC is 2 of versed and a long conversation with the patient.

What I don't get is why so many people want to "not know what is going on?" If I were getting my knee scope, I would want no sedation, I would bring in my ipod and watch a movie. I never have time to watch movies otherwise, probably cuz I waste to much time here.

Actually, I would watch Sarah Silverman episodes. Those are very entertaining, don't you all think!

doing a MAC case is damn hard and stressful. The more I do anesthesia, the more I think a better MAC is 2 of versed and a long conversation with the patient.

So true. Well said.

I never have time to watch movies otherwise, probably cuz I waste to much time here.

Also true. I think my DVD player has ceased from disuse X 3 years.

Sarah Silverman

Hot Hot Hot.