Generic Zosyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StewardshipDude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
....crickets....

Members don't see this ad.

And Pfizer is increasing Zyvox IV cost by 12%. Why ?

Last edited:
I still want to know the label, supply and price. I talk to my comrades in the UK and after the 1st order, they had to go back to brand to get supply. They have a risk management plan because the generic was approved on the old label.

There has to be a price tipping point at which the generic & risk management is enough for me to justify hiring someone to work our new 797 compliant admix room to work the vials instead of the frozen bags.

Until then, crickets....

What's with the fascination with crickets.. thought we squashed that the last time when you thought I didn't have an answer to your silly question..

Meeting with some GPOs indicates that 2 generic companies have been stocking up on inventory and the specuation is about 50% reduction in cost. Of course more manufacturers mean lower the price. And it wouldn't be out of the question for Wyeth to compete with pricing.. therefore we'll have 3 companies. Even Wyeth announced generic competition will occur in 3rd quarter of 2009.

Now...your risk management thing... there are people like you who hide behind risk management and other obstacles as reasons why certain things shouldn't be done.. nothing wrong with that. Because it's those people that give people like me opportunities to increase cost efficiency.

How hard is it to convert from Frozen to vial + vial mate adapter? Not hard at all. I can personally put together 5 to 10 vials to vial mate in a minute... and some techs are more efficient than I am. And batching it doesn't take very long and it provides a sizeable cost saving.

There are more hospitals in the US who use vial + bag system than who use frozens. Evidently they must be under a huge risk management "risk" according to you.

Last edited: