All Branch Topic (ABT) Genesis Quick Reference Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flightdoc09

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've found that a lot of y'all are still struggling with Genesis. Or at least aren't taking full advantage of some features that are present. I'm attaching my handy dandy quick reference guide for your use. It's stuff I learned along the way in the clinical setting (Powerchart) as well as the ED setting (FirstNet). Hopefully you find it of some benefit.

If you do a lot of orders, setting up order favorites (or stealing from someone else) will be very useful. Please ask any questions if you have them.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• MHS Genesis - Know Your Chit.pdf
    727.9 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: 3 users
This is fantastic!! Haven’t been able to figure out how to narrow down the clinic area to place my orders (was having to scroll through all clinics every time)…this did the trick, thank you!

One question I have: is there a way to change the default things that populate when I first generate a provider note? It always has things like “procedure” and “recommended follow ups” that I have to delete because they are junk…would be nice if they weren’t there to begin with.

This is fantastic!! Haven’t been able to figure out how to narrow down the clinic area to place my orders (was having to scroll through all clinics every time)…this did the trick, thank you!

One question I have: is there a way to change the default things that populate when I first generate a provider note? It always has things like “procedure” and “recommended follow ups” that I have to delete because they are junk…would be nice if they weren’t there to begin with.
Hmm... I'm not sure if I've run into that issue. Are you writing notes via the dynamic documentation boxes? I think there are ways to save a template "precompleted note" as a template. But it's not something I've personally used in my work flow.

I've been out of the MTF for the last 3 months, and won't be back for another month, but I don't recall empty boxes being saved when you sign the note if generating the note via dynamic documentation. But yeah, it will autopopulate some things that are pointless and just waste space. Will have to check next time I'm on Genesis.

But glad it helped. Feel free to share the guide, and if you learn anything new I think I should add, please let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm... I'm not sure if I've run into that issue. Are you writing notes via the dynamic documentation boxes? I think there are ways to save a template "precompleted note" as a template. But it's not something I've personally used in my work flow.

I've been out of the MTF for the last 3 months, and won't be back for another month, but I don't recall empty boxes being saved when you sign the note if generating the note via dynamic documentation. But yeah, it will autopopulate some things that are pointless and just waste space. Will have to check next time I'm on Genesis.

But glad it helped. Feel free to share the guide, and if you learn anything new I think I should add, please let me know.
Unfortunately wasn't able to figure it out.

Also, for other people that are requesting access to the Wiki site, please remember to confirm your email address. Or enter it in correctly. You won't be able to get access if the messages from the site (including your initial password), aren't getting to you. I won't spam you.

Reactions: 1 user

I missed this post, sorry. Let me look tomorrow. I know I have modified these before.

Many of them auto populate and are good for the bean counters (who knows what they actually want thoug) so I wouldn’t get rid of all of then