Georgetown GEMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Likewise ^ The waiting has been so hard. I got a very big move (hopefully) please hurry up.
Last year the found out the 26th, in the years before they found out on the 20th and 31st... so it really should be any day now 🥺

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back today or at all? Hope y’all are doing well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else think it’s a tad bit inconsiderate for them to wait until the very last day, Monday, a holiday no less, less than a month before we have to move essentially, in an expensive housing market.... 🥴

Reactions: 2 users
I think we will probably hear back tomorrow since they said before or on the 30th by email. I doubt they would call us all on a Sunday.

I think we will probably hear back tomorrow since they said before or on the 30th by email. I doubt they would call us all on a Sunday.
On their website they said the 31st so it may be on Monday.

today is the last day to hear back from the program...my anxiety

This is a nailbiter for sure... Good luck team.

Good luck people! Looking forward to talking to everyone on the other side of an acceptance 😂

Congratulations everyone! I also received an acceptance

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! so happy. See you all in DC!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats guys! Do you know if Georgetown will give us any money or if we are expected to pay the full tuition? None of the letters on the "Offer" page addresses this.

Congrats guys! Do you know if Georgetown will give us any money or if we are expected to pay the full tuition? None of the letters on the "Offer" page addresses this.
Hi! I’m almost certain we have to pay everything via self pay (outrageous) or through loans. For the most part, everyone I know who has done the program is a doctor, or medical student and has insisted it’s worth the cost

Can we somehow make a facebook group or something so we can communicate?

Also accepted :) can’t wait to meet you all in person! Let’s definitely make a fb group maybe a groupme too

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! I am applying next cycle, if you feel comfortable can some of you plz message me about your stats and activities so that I could see if I have a shot? Thank you and congrats again!!

This might be a dumb question but is the GEMs program only for reapplocants? Meaning you had to have no gotten successful admission into Med school before?

This might be a dumb question but is the GEMs program only for reapplocants? Meaning you had to have no gotten successful admission into Med school before?
Not at all, you can just apply straight out of undergrad

Good luck to y'all! This is a great program to be apart of. I am currently in the program, so if you have any questions, just let me know!
Hi, hope you're well. I wanted some advice on how to approach completing the self-assessment portion. Thank you so much!