georgetown open house

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorFred

intensive carer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any have specific information on the gt open house? i think the date will pass before i receieve my official acceptence package in the mail (i'm assuming that's where the details are.)

Members don't see this ad.

is anyone on here planning on attending? has anyone here attended in the past? i can't understand why this isn't mentioned on the smp web site or in the acceptence letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
me. :) i think i might be applying to the SMP next year.

zahque said:
is anyone on here planning on attending? has anyone here attended in the past? i can't understand why this isn't mentioned on the smp web site or in the acceptence letter.

i'm already pre-registered and going, too. its on the grad website b/c its an open house for all the different MS programs going on on the same day. i think its not mentioned on the acceptance letter b/c its more for ppl thinking of applying to the program or for ppl who haven't gotten in yet to meet with the directors personally. i heard that ms cabiness asked someone last year who had already gotten in not to go since spaces were limited and to open up space for those ppl i already mentioned (interested in applying to the SMP or not yet admitted to the SMP).

the alchemist said:
i'm already pre-registered and going, too. its on the grad website b/c its an open house for all the different MS programs going on on the same day. i think its not mentioned on the acceptance letter b/c its more for ppl thinking of applying to the program or for ppl who haven't gotten in yet to meet with the directors personally. i heard that ms cabiness asked someone last year who had already gotten in not to go since spaces were limited and to open up space for those ppl i already mentioned (interested in applying to the SMP or not yet admitted to the SMP).

Can anyone attend the open house? I will be attending Georgetown as a Pre-Med Post Bac student (not to be confused with the SMP) starting this summer. Is there good information for anyone interested in medical school, or is the information only relative to the SMP program?

the alchemist said:

Alchemist, I'm the guy you heard about, and you are correct.

ATrim7 said:
Can anyone attend the open house? I will be attending Georgetown as a Pre-Med Post Bac student (not to be confused with the SMP) starting this summer. Is there good information for anyone interested in medical school, or is the information only relative to the SMP program?

Anyone *can* attend but it is really more for people who are going, or thinking of going, to graduate school at GU. It is an informational session about the programs there - not so much about getting into med school.

imrep1972 said:
Alchemist, I'm the guy you heard about, and you are correct.

didn't u write somewhere u're a speed tester?? *laugh*

i contacted gt today and they would like to cut down on the number of smp students on the tour.. it's more of a recruiting tour for their grad programs in general (as echoed above.)

so...is anyone else going this Friday? :)