Georgia dental license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plusalpha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to apply for the Georgia dental license and I have a few questions which I would highly appreciate if anyone could answer them!
- In the application, there are spaces where the "affidavit of applicant" has to sign. Does that mean anyone who is familiar with can sign? There's also a space for the "notary public" has to sign as well. Does that mean I have to bring every document needed to the notary? I have never used the notary service before, so I'm not quite sure how to obtain the notary's signature...
- The application requires two "references" from two people I know, BUT it says that they cannot be "related to me, nor are they connected with any dental college I attended". Then from who am I supposed to get the references??

Why is applying for the Georgia license so cumbersome? :(

Members don't see this ad.

The affidavit is an agreement assuring that you’ve provided accurate information in your application and that you agree to the terms/conditions that are outlined in the affidavit statement (e.g., consent to investigation, exonerate the Georgia Board of Dentistry from all liability for any claims raised against you during investigation, etc.) You initial where prompted and sign on the line that says “signature of the applicant” while in the presence of a notary. You can find a local notary through a quick browser search—places like UPS and Fedex offer in-store and online notary services for relatively low prices. The notarization process is simple enough, you bring your entire completed application to the notary for them to peruse, sign and stamp/seal (some of them don’t even look at the application and just go straight to the notary page). Make sure your 2x2 photo is attached beforehand as well, otherwise the notary may decline to proceed with your application. Your recommendations can come from any dentists that you’ve shadowed outside of school or even any clinic administrators from any externships or rotations you have done or will do.

The board knows people want to practice there with the relatively low COL and competitive median salaries for dentists across the state, plus they probably want to retain more DCG graduates who may uproot from Georgia to avoid any oversaturation exacerbated by things like lax licensure requirements.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there! Where can i find the answers for The dental law and boards?