Georgia Regents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thetomato

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who interviewed at GRU, do any of you remember them saying they would send an email after two weeks? If so, did you ever receive it?

Members don't see this ad.

I remember ~third week of november. Just know that they are interviewing the last group of 25 next week or so and after that, theyre going to evaluate all ~100 of the candidates and then give offers to the top ranked candidates

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do y'all remember them saying how many off the waitlist generally get in? Also, this wait has been killing me!

They didn't give us a specific number, but I remember Dr. Hassan saying that it depended on how many people accepted their acceptance. I think he said that some years they didn't have to go too far down the list and in order years that they had to invite more applicants for interviews. So I guess we'll just have to keep waiting...

Do y'all remember them saying how many off the waitlist generally get in? Also, this wait has been killing me!

Ive read on here they normally move through 15-20 on the waitlist. Obviously, thats hearsay and depends on the year, but its at least something.

Keep in mind that he did say they do a interview in January to supplement their waitlist, so you can still be knocked down at that time.

I was at the interview session at the beginning of October and they should have done their last round at the beginning of November. Now they go through and rank those candidates from 1-125ish and begin offering their top 40 sometime between the end of November and beginning of December.

I was at the interview session at the beginning of October and they should have done their last round at the beginning of November. Now they go through and rank those candidates from 1-125ish and begin offering their top 40 sometime between the end of November and beginning of December.

It will be 1-100, they will offer acceptances, then interview another 25 to supplement their waitlist and rerank everyone according to that.

Emailed Dr. Hasson and learned I was wait listed. The rest of you should be able to find out too.

Emailed Dr. Hasson and learned I was wait listed. The rest of you should be able to find out too.

Did he let you know when they would be emailing people? I heard they move through a lot of their waitlist so hopefully you will end up being accepted!

Did he let you know when they would be emailing people? I heard they move through a lot of their waitlist so hopefully you will end up being accepted!
He didn't let me know when he'd be emailing people but candidates are already ranked and he'll be able to tell you right away if you are in. And thanks for the encouraging words.

If you are #80 or less on the waitlist, you may have a slim chance. anything after that, you're kind of out of luck - according to Dr. Hasson
My guess is most people offered this month are probably going to make the deposits at least and it won't be until later next year when seats are offered further down the waitlist after accepted students commit to other programs. worst part about that is, 25 more candidates will be added to the rankings, which means you may move further down the list. either way, good luck you all and wish you the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are #80 or less on the waitlist, you may have a slim chance. anything after that, you're kind of out of luck - according to Dr. Hasson
My guess is most people offered this month are probably going to make the deposits at least and it won't be until later next year when seats are offered further down the waitlist after accepted students commit to other programs. worst part about that is, 25 more candidates will be added to the rankings, which means you may move further down the list. either way, good luck you all and wish you the best.
Thank you for the info and well wishes! It looks like I'll need it. Don't be discouraged! Until final decisions are made, no matter what, you still have hope.

Thank you for the info and well wishes! It looks like I'll need it. Don't be discouraged! Until final decisions are made, no matter what, you still have hope.
Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm pretty far down the list, but I'm trying to keep my head up. :)

I am on the wait list as well. Here's to more waiting :/

Anybody else with an update on acceptance/wait list? I am waitlisted but am waiting for a call back as to where my actual rank is. I just interviewed at Mercer and thought it was nice but I'm really set on Augusta.

I got my admissions packet not too long ago. I'm currently waiting to hear back from GSU which is where I'll most likely go if I get accepted.

I am on the waitlist as well..does anyone know when the january interview is so we can get an update of our ranking?

I was accepted into the GRU program but have since withdrawn myself from the application pool. Hopefully one of you guys gets to take my place!

I have done the same as OptimusBear, maybe I'll see one of you at GSU!

It was a hard decision but I did email Dr. Hasson to let him know that I have sent my deposit to GSU. I'm excited about the program and am 98% certain that I will be attending but I do still have an interview with Mercer (my second choice coming into applying) and Emory (I haven't decided if I will be RSVPing to this one).

It was a hard decision but I did email Dr. Hasson to let him know that I have sent my deposit to GSU. I'm excited about the program and am 98% certain that I will be attending but I do still have an interview with Mercer (my second choice coming into applying) and Emory (I haven't decided if I will be RSVPing to this one).
I was actually waitlisted by GSU so I'm leaning pretty heavily on Mercer right now. If I were to get in I'm not sure which one I'd pick. I rsvped to Emory just to see what their program was like.

I was actually waitlisted by GSU so I'm leaning pretty heavily on Mercer right now. If I were to get in I'm not sure which one I'd pick. I rsvped to Emory just to see what their program was like.

I'm definitely planning on attending the Mercer interview. I think I'm going to RSVP to Emory as well, the major deterrent for me is the price point. I'm hoping they discuss financial aid. I wish you luck with the waitlist at GSU! I'm not sure how deep into their waitlist they go.

Mercer will provide you with an packet of materials concerning financial aid and housing tips. I was there a couple of weeks ago for their first interview session and they did not discuss the price point much. They really highlighted the quality aspects of their program which leaves one thinking the price is irrelevant if this is the eduction I'm getting. In all honesty, Mercer is going to give you one of the top educations and exposures but I'd rather not be paying ooff my education for 15 years as opposed to 5-10 at one of the state schools. In the end, you are make you make of your degree, yes some schools will allow you greater access to more tools or professionals but one PT always told me "PT school doesn't teach you how to be a great therapist, they teach you how to be a safe therapist. Your expertise is what you make of it."

Mercer will provide you with an packet of materials concerning financial aid and housing tips. I was there a couple of weeks ago for their first interview session and they did not discuss the price point much. They really highlighted the quality aspects of their program which leaves one thinking the price is irrelevant if this is the eduction I'm getting. In all honesty, Mercer is going to give you one of the top educations and exposures but I'd rather not be paying ooff my education for 15 years as opposed to 5-10 at one of the state schools. In the end, you are make you make of your degree, yes some schools will allow you greater access to more tools or professionals but one PT always told me "PT school doesn't teach you how to be a great therapist, they teach you how to be a safe therapist. Your expertise is what you make of it."

When I attended the Mercer open house they essentially said they didn't offer much financial aid to PT students at all since the program is so new.

I was part of the January interview group and there were only 10 of us, so hopefully it doesn't mess with the waitlist too much!

Just wanted to let y'all know I checked with GRU to see my place on the waitlist. They have 38 spots filled as of now.

Just found out I've been accepted!! So relieved and excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Just found out that i have been accepted and will be attending! Is there a facebook group started yet or anything?

Just found out that i have been accepted and will be attending! Is there a facebook group started yet or anything?
Yep! Augusta University DPT 2019. Congrats, and welcome!!