Georgia Wet Lab Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bamboo511

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the Georgia wet lab exam in January, does anyone have any new study materials or information regarding the exam?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am taking the Georgia wet lab exam in January, does anyone have any new study materials or information regarding the exam?

Thank you.
I'm also taking practical exam in January. Any helpful information would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Have you guys found any info to focus on? I have been out of school for over 10 yrs and this wet lab exam is making me nervous. Any suggestions on study material besides the lengthy 120 questions on calculations posted previously?

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. Same boat. Reciprocating from Nevada. Graduated 10 years ago and only been practicing retail with very little compounding since school. I however, postponed the test until June since I'm 7 mo. pregnant and high risk. I actually went into a compunding pharmacy and asked to shadow them to help study. But now I need a tech license to even step foot into a pharmacy to shadow. I may just do that since I won't be taking the test until June. If any of you have some more in sight to the exam let me know or if you have completed the test this month any knowledge of what to expect would be helpful. Thank you!

I recently took the wet lab exam. I find it very subjective, it is gear toward Georgia graduate. Most especially the compounding if not bias. E & O - Either get it right or wrong, Patient care module, so long as you able to find so many number of wrong thing then you are fine. The compounding doesn't really test your compounding skill. It more so test how you divide, add and subtract. As long you understand your compounding from pharmacy school you should be fine. Just don't make a mistake in your calculation. I find it crazy, you should be able to use a calculator. where can't you use a calculator this days??? 20th century, not preschool!!! I feel it is a way of a GA board of pharmacy making extra money. Pharmacy school are taking in more student, hard to find job after graduating. Pharmacist are work hard without any benefits. It is not a difficult exam if you study. Just pray you have the right person review you exam (compounding). Be careful to review your multiplication/division skills lo. If they really want to test your compounding skill you should be allowed to use a calculator. It will have been nice to see some diversity in those who grade the exam. it is also long exam. expect your whole day gone. Offered only three times a year. The board of pharmacy should do something about this. If you are going to make an exam universe, please think about everyone.
Again it not a difficult exam, it is just a subjective one.

Reactions: 1 users
Have you guys found any info to focus on? I have been out of school for over 10 yrs and this wet lab exam is making me nervous. Any suggestions on study material besides the lengthy 120 questions on calculations posted previously?

I'm in the same boat.. Graduated in 2007 have not compounded anything since 2009... There is now a review/refresher course available.. Sign up at http://www.gpha.org/practicalskills
One of the reviews is Jan 4, 2016 @ South University 1-5 pm... Just in time for the Jan 15, 2016 exam

Last edited:
The compounding is generally pretty easy. It's always an IV and one other compound (never a suppository but something that wouldn't take too long to mix like a solution, suspension, or ointment). As long as you get the math right and the product looks somewhat presentable, you're clear. You have to show your math and write down your methods (though I doubt they actually read the latter part). Don't be the guy that puts in 30 tablets to be crushed when it's actually just 3.

Patient care is just finding ~10 errors from a list of prescriptions for a patient. There's a lot more than 10, and usually they'll make sure you get the allergies and major errors.

Errors and Omission is probably the hardest or at least the most stressful part. You'll have 2 minutes to look at a picture of the prescription, the prescription label that was printed, and the manufacturer's package on the screen. Make sure you sit in a spot that you can see the screen well. Otherwise you'll be straining to see the screen from your seat. You should know the controls (brand and generic) and the state laws concerning them. Most importantly, know what letters correspond to what answers, because with the limited time, you don't want to waste it constantly referring back to them on the answer sheet.

Reactions: 2 users