Getting a 4.0 GPA in DPT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaadboy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to get all A's in every course in DPT school?

Members don't see this ad.

the answer is: hard. you're welcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
it is hard but it's possible! i'm not sure if you're talking about cumulative or just a 4.0 at any point in the 3 years. but i've just finished the first two semesters of my first year and I got all A's my second semester and have a cumulative of a 3.85.

it really comes down to how you study and the amount of time you put into it. my first semester was hard only because i wasn't used to being in class for ~36-40 hours a week and i wasn't used to a semester system. also, after being in class all day, you come home and need to study for quizzes, midterms, finals, projects etc. so it's easy to fall behind if you don't study for weeks and then just cram for finals. i went to UCLA for my undergrad and it was a quarter system so it was much faster and i could get away with procrastinating and cramming for exams.

in undergrad i studied maybe a couple hours a week but in grad school i study more than that. and it's very important to have a life outside of just school :) it helps balance things out. hope this helps!

--
http://christina-pt.blogspot.com

Last edited:
It's all subjective. What's hard for me may be easy for you. Success is a byproduct of effort. Is this a legitimate question? Judging by the commonsensical and ill thought out questions you ask, you have a lot to learn in life.

Aren't you the guy planning on medical school after PT school? Consideration should be given to reserve a seat to a future clinician who is actually dedicated to the field of PT.

I feed trolls.

it is hard but it's possible! i'm not sure if you're talking about cumulative or just a 4.0 at any point in the 3 years. but i've just finished the first two semesters of my first year and I got all A's my second semester and have a cumulative of a 3.85.

it really comes down to how you study and the amount of time you put into it. my first semester was hard only because i wasn't used to being in class for ~36-40 hours a week and i wasn't used to a semester system. also, after being in class all day, you come home and need to study for quizzes, midterms, finals, projects etc. so it's easy to fall behind if you don't study for weeks and then just cram for finals. i went to UCLA for my undergrad and it was a quarter system so it was much faster and i could get away with procrastinating and cramming for exams.

in undergrad i studied maybe a couple hours a week but in grad school i study more than that. and it's very important to have a life outside of just school :) it helps balance things out. hope this helps!

--
http://christina-pt.blogspot.com
Lol share your secret with me........how many hours per day do you study

Don't concentrate so much on getting a 4.0 in PT school, your employer can care less what grades you got in school or what your score was on the NPTE. I had many students in my class that could get As on all of the test...but made horrible clinicians. Your patients won't care if you can recite paragraphs from O'Sullivan, they care that you know what you are doing and have confidence in doing it. Try to balance out academics with your clinical skills. My highest GPA in PT school was 3.6, I didn't care about getting a 4.0, I cared about getting through PT school, passing the boards, and being the best clinician I could be.