Getting into Med School/ Radiology Residency with Tattoos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You better hit a squat rack and add some weight

I've tried but the gym just isn't for me right about now. I'll be honest, I'm a lil insecure about my body. Being on a squat rack, I feel like my form is off and I'm afraid of busting up my back like my Uncle lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would you want to risk your future career for the sake of body art?
Tattoos are not what they used to be. They are now safe and done in a sterile environment. I'd like to see the medical field catch up to this. It should be a case by case situation, not the current policy of 'all tattoos are bad'. I know many professionals in both the med field and outside that have many tattoos. They're professionalism is not based on their looks, but rather their character and commitment to a job well done. Just my opinion.

Lol my warm up is 135lbs
Cool story bro. My warm-up is 225. Everyone starts somewhere and being condescending about it to a newbie doesn't make you stronger.

OP visit the fitness thread in my signature for all the info a newbie medical student could want on getting into lifting. Feel free to ask any questions, everyone in the thread is super helpful!

As far as tats go, as long as you can cover it up you'll be alright. If @Goro is cool with it, you're fine.

Reactions: 1 user
can someone please explain to me what is attractive about getting a tattoo? Why do people feel the need to get one? I feel like I will get a lot of individuality and freedom of expression answers.

My 2 cents is "If you are concerned about it, don't do it. If you don't care, go ahead."
For some of us it's to commemorate an event or someone. For me I get them because I find it beautiful. I'm ok with covering my tattoos for work but I've also found that having conversations with your employer and positively informing others about the process, you can really make a difference and receive some leniency. I try and take time to advocate for tattoos and piercings in the work because it's a very personal thing for a majority of people, not something rebellious. The concern should always by safety and in most cases tattoos and piercing are clean and sterile. And yeah, it's our right to adorn out bodies as we see fit. Hope this helps!