General Getting into the epidemiology field?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

froafroa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current AS Level student(GCE British patterned education) studying Biology Chemistry History and Government and Politics
Have recently found an interest in public health and I am considering pursuing a career in this, most like epidemiology.
However, I know that the minimum for most jobs is a MPH, but I need a Bsc/Ba degree to get into a course first
I'm not too sure what to study at Uni, of course Biology or something with quantative methods would be useful, but is it recommened/necessecary?
I am quite interested in social science so thought of studying that at undergrad, i.e social policy, sociology, international relations.. Is this a good idea or should I stick with pure sciences/ science based subjects?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Public health is very multidisciplinary so a single undergrad education is not necessary or needed. Bring unique experiences to the fold!

That said, having good understanding of physiology and disease will be helpful for an epidemiology career and education.