getting LORs and OAT Scores after July 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samstown

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on having my letter of intent, my transcripts submitted perhaps by July 22nd, which is one week after OPTOMCAS opens since I've never used the OPTOMCAS system before and don't really understand how it works quite yet being from Canada. I know it's really important to apply early, but I don't think I will have my LORs fully submitted to the system until the end of July or early August; especially for those schools that require LORs from science professors. Moreover, I am taking my OAT in mid-August.

I know the school's websites say that you don't have to necessarily have your LORs and OAT submitted right away when you apply, but will it lessen my chances of being offered an interview if I don't have these things within my OPTOMCAS files right away when I submit my application?

Hopefully someone can help me out with this!

Members don't see this ad.

late july/early august is still early so don't sweat it

I am planning on having my letter of intent, my transcripts submitted perhaps by July 22nd, which is one week after OPTOMCAS opens since I've never used the OPTOMCAS system before and don't really understand how it works quite yet being from Canada. I know it's really important to apply early, but I don't think I will have my LORs fully submitted to the system until the end of July or early August; especially for those schools that require LORs from science professors. Moreover, I am taking my OAT in mid-August.

I know the school's websites say that you don't have to necessarily have your LORs and OAT submitted right away when you apply, but will it lessen my chances of being offered an interview if I don't have these things within my OPTOMCAS files right away when I submit my application?

Hopefully someone can help me out with this!

Relax. Your timeline is fine. I hit the submit button in late August & took my OAT the 1st week of Nov. and got into all but 1 school. You'll be fine. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
hello, i was actually about to post a thread pertaining to this very topic, so i'll just add it here if i may~

as samstown mentioned, i did hear that letters of recommendation didn't have to be sent in at time of applying, but now i'm just a bit confused..

if everything else on my application is filled in, can i just submit it with two recommenders filled in?

And then add into optomcas 2 other letters of recommendations when when I have them?

So SUBMIT application first, and then log back in to add in 2 more recommenders?

I hope i'm making sense, and i apoligise if i was repetitive :oops:

That's right. You can add to the application as you complete tasks.

That's right. You can add to the application as you complete tasks.

But after you hit the submit button, i thought you couldnt change anything.... if this is not true, what things can you change after submitting?

i called optomcas, and they said that you are able to add in recommenders on the website after you hit submit as there are 4 slots for recommenders.

for ex. if you fill in 3, hit submit, you can still log back on to fill in the 4th.

hope this clears that up :)

i don't know about any other part of the application, i think its best to call them directly, the wait time is relatively short and they're to the point and helpful :)