Getting possible D+ or C- in senior year, does this significantly hurt my chances? 3.9 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beanpro

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I'm in a pchem quantum mechanics course and it seems to be likely that I'll be earning a D+ or C- in this class. My GPA is high at 3.9 but I wasn't sure if this would be a major red flag if all of a sudden there is a D+/C- in my most recent grades. What's your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied DO with a C- in organic chemistry that I retook and got a B in. I currently have six interview invites and one acceptance. I don't think it matters too much as long as it's only one grade

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, so I'm in a pchem quantum mechanics course and it seems to be likely that I'll be earning a D+ or C- in this class. My GPA is high at 3.9 but I wasn't sure if this would be a major red flag if all of a sudden there is a D+/C- in my most recent grades. What's your thoughts?
It would raise an eyebrow, and you might get asked about it in interviews, but no, it won't hurt

Reactions: 2 users
I failed and retook a biochemistry capstone course my senior year. Wrecked my GPA so had to add DO schools to my list. Now an OMS-3 after applying one cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
One bad grade in a sea of good grades, especially if the rest are good that semester, would make me think there's something wrong with the professor over the student

Reactions: 1 user
You might luck out and get a reviewer or interviewer who understands that pchem is one of the most difficult courses you can take in undergrad and give you a pass. As @Goro mentioned above, it may just raise an eyebrow, and you'll need to provide a reason for the struggle, but more than likely if you have solid MCAT and your GPA stays above ~3.75, no one will care.

Reactions: 1 users