Getting things ready for the new cycle! help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfray

currently at work
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently getting things ready for the new cycle and plan to get everything out and be in the first batch..

My committee recommendation is currently getting processed and I'm going back to each of my professor, just for them to remember me (even though a majority does), and see if I can urge them to write it faster (discretely of course); but the head of the committee told me that it depends on how fast the other professor takes in writing the LOR, and they won't know when the actual LOR will be ready by. :(

I know I should've started my personal statement already and was going to do it this past weekend, but instead took the weekend off, due to the fact that I just took my DAT a week ago and needed a break from work (kind of regretting it)

Still finding the right time to ask my dentist for LOR as well. Still very new at this

Have another midterm coming up with week as well and need to focus on it, so can't spend much time on getting things ready for the cycle though (there's never enough time).

(newbie question!) ANYWAYS MY QUESTION IS: what can I prepare now and will be able to get submitted at june 4th? Do I need to submit my committee recommendation, personal statement, other LORs at that day to be considered getting it in on time? I know that it's electronic, so if I'm not able to submit everything by the beginning of june, can I submit it mid-june and still be considered early and get it out by first batch? (AADASAS will get it instantly right since it's electronic)? Do I have a little bit more than I thought or must I submit everything at june 4th? I'm not sure if this is true and want some clarification. Thanks

I know there's some things I need to get started with such as:
-getting my transcript sent in that week.
-application filled out (which I'll get started with 2-3 weeks before cycle opens)

Am I missing anything that I need to get started on as well?

Thanks and sorry for the grammar error, no time to proof read thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you submit everything in mid-June, you wont be in the first batch but you are still considered "early".
Personal Statement + LORs + transcripts are three big things that will potentially hold you back. If you get these 3 out of the way, you are good to go.

maybe I'm not phrasing the question right..

I know submitting transcript takes some time to do and it will be done asap once the cycle opens, but LORs and personal statement is electronic right? so does that gives me some extra time? (submit these maybe mid june) since you just upload the files and they'll AADSAS gets it right away? or do I have to get those in at June 4th as well?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The LORs are posted immediately to the AADSAS portal at the time your professor/committee submits it, but they may take a little longer to mail out (next batch from when it was submitted) if you send your application to schools before you get the LOR in.

You write your personal statement in a text box within the application that AADSAS provides for you. It takes no time to process, but it must be done before you send your applications out to your designated schools because you cannot make changes to that part of the application once you submit it.

Hope that helps :)

From reading the posts above, so the earliest I can request transcripts from schools is when the cycle opens right, which is June 4th. I can't request it earlier and have it sent to aadsas before it opens?

From reading the posts above, so the earliest I can request transcripts from schools is when the cycle opens right, which is June 4th. I can't request it earlier and have it sent to aadsas before it opens?

No you cant. You have to print out the transcript matching forms which are only available when AADSAS opens.

Matching forms? I dont understand that. You print off forms when aadsas open.... For what?

Matching forms? I dont understand that. You print off forms when aadsas open.... For what?

Ok. Before you can send your transcripts to AADSAS, you have to download transcript matching forms from Aadsas and attach them along with your transcripts. Hope that helps

I understand. all of this is still electronic correct?

Thanks for the help