Getting worried with 05/28 test because of FL scores. Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yws22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.
So I'm taking my MCAT this Friday (05/28) to apply for the upcoming 2021-2022 cycle.
After taking my FL3 and FL4, I started to get pretty worried about the test, not because my FLs are low but too high.
To give some background, I took my Sample about 2 months ago and got a 512.
I took the AAMC FL1 6 weeks ago and got a 508. At that point, my initial test date was 05/15, so I decided to postpone my test 2 weeks back to get more study time.
Fast forward a month later, and about a week left until my new test date (05/28), I took my FL3 and FL4 a few days apart and got 524 // 526 respectively.
I know that I have filled a lot of content gaps ever since my AAMC FL1, but also know that there are still so many things that I do not fully know of.
I feel so insecure about those scores because the scores are way too high and unrealistic. I know myself and I expected probably scores somewhere around 510-515. (I wouldn't expect someone to get a score raise of more than 10 points in just a month's time of practice) As I was taking those FLs, I had to flag like 15~20 questions per section as I wasn't 100% sure of my answers.
I took the test as if I were to take the real test, stimulating testing conditions such as wearing masks, not pausing the test, etc.
Does anyone have advice on this situation? Is it just that I was lucky and those FLs were flukes?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can't fathom what answer or "advice" you are possibly looking for besides a very clear and obvious one. You are taking AAMC FLs, which are the most representative tests, under what you describe as testing conditions. You scored a 524 and 526, both 100th percentile. No one can guarantee what you get on the real deal, but my "advice" is to go take the test.

Two scores above 520+ definitely show you are prepared. Nonetheless, you have to understand that 'flagging' or seeing unknown concepts is completely normal and will absolutely happen on test day. You'll never know everything. The real exam is widely considered much harder and these questions are included in its design to throw you off. Flag and move on, otherwise they will do what they're supposed to do.

Lol seriously? "bad luck" got you a 524/526? If that's bad luck, go play the lottery, you might have some bad luck there too and win $1 million. Take a valium my friend and go take your test.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users