Gifts for 6th Year Pharmacy Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So yeah, they're doing a Secret Santa thing at one of the stores I work at and I gotta give a gift to a 6th year intern.

I think the limit is $15-25, do you guys think a compounding tool set would be good?

Members don't see this ad.

So yeah, they're doing a Secret Santa thing at one of the stores I work at and I gotta give a gift to a 6th year intern.

I think the limit is $15-25, do you guys think a compounding tool set would be good?

lol if theyre a 6th year intern, perhaps a copy of dipiro would keep them from failing again.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know...they make 6 year pharmacy school...

yep, and some retail chains count pre pharmacy people interns too, so a 4th year would be classified as a 6th year

but theres nothing funny about that.

yep, and some retail chains count pre pharmacy people interns too, so a 4th year would be classified as a 6th year

but theres nothing funny about that.

there's no logic to your statements?

why do you think he failed if he's a 6th year intern?

there's no logic to your statements?

why do you think he failed if he's a 6th year intern?

because most people would think of pharmacy as a 4 year program, so i pretended not to know of situations where someone would be considered a 6th year intern to imply that the posters friend had failed 2 years.

I then suggested a gift of a widely regarded handbook of pharmacotherapy to remediate the poster's friend's repeated failures of their last year.

In the 2 seconds I thought about it before posting, I found it slightly funny.

Judging by the fact that this is my 2nd post explaining my joke, I guess I was mistaken.

Jesus, I need to go out for a bit.....

No. Most grads prefer their own compounding tool set since they are used to it. (For people who dont practice in NYS, we have to take a compounding exam before we are licensed. . . ). Not to mention, your 6th year intern might be taking the test in Janurary. If that is the case, i think they are pretty much set on the one they want to use.

If it is a guy, a nice tie is always welcomed.
If it is a girl, get a bath robe or something.

A nice heavy pen is always appropiate or the comprehensive pharmacy review book.

You can also customize certain presents from Staples. For example, I got my SP a customized magnetic silver name tag (for about 20ish). He loved it.

lol if theyre a 6th year intern, perhaps a copy of dipiro would keep them from failing again.

Perhaps I should rephrase this, CVS classifies P-4 students as 6th Year Interns. I am considered a 3rd Year intern at CVS even though I'm a P-1.

Edit((9:40AM): I just read that you were trying to be funny, lol.