Glasses for an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The silver-white figure skating suit (with sequins) ties with the 3 foot wide sombrero (complete with serape).
Trying to demonstrate diversity?

Or already accepted to their number one and felt like trolling?

Members don't see this ad.

I want to see someone show up to an interview with the contacts that Wes Borland wore when he was with Limp Bizkit.

Because of this post I just learned that Limp Bizkit is actually still around and still touring. I'm also realizing that the average poster on this forum was probably in preschool when "3 Dollar Bill Y'all came out".

/"back in my day, our music was... pretty terrible actually"

Members don't see this ad :)
I wear glasses full-time. Im most comfortable in them, but i have a small face, so they are kid frames. These particular frames are vera bradley, so they have a vera design on the arms. Im just worried this might come across as childish? Should i wear my contacts (which i rarely do)?

Probably a neurotic thread, but i need an answer.
An absolute auto-reject. Unless your eyeglasses were produced by Gucci using the bones of children, then stick to your contacts.

My glasses have pink accenting on them; I haven't decided for sure, but I think I'm going to stick with contacts.

Glasses can be used to convey maturity. . . Only a glasses enthusiast would be bothered by the difference between regular glasses and kid glasses, lol.

I personally found that wearing glasses made me look more approachable since I normally have an intimidating face. : D
That sounded very Dwight Schrute....kudos

Reactions: 1 users
Yes also, unless you think your glasses look like something you'd put on a Barbie or that you would get from a Happy Meal, then I would say any Adcom with half a heart would not:

A. notice, or B. let that impact your application. Go ahead and wear them if that's how you are most comfortable!

Or already accepted to their number one and felt like trolling?

Brings up an fun question that maybe @Goro @LizzyM @gyngyn can answer?

What if someone was already accepted to one of their top schools and had a really good chance of going there but had not yet accepted the seat/withdrew all other applications and went to one of their other interviews clearly to troll? Is there any way that school could notify that applicant's top pick and potentially get the acceptance rescinded? If so, what events would need to happen for that to occur (for example, the trolled school accepts the applicant just to see where else they've been accepted, only to take back their acceptance later after contacting those schools)?

For whatever reason, if I don't where my glasses and I'm speaking to someone who appears blurry, I have trouble comprehending what they're saying, despite hearing them quite clearly. o_O

Reactions: 1 user
For whatever reason, if I don't where my glasses and I'm speaking to someone who appears blurry, I have trouble comprehending what they're saying, despite hearing them quite clearly. o_O
This is an interesting observation... how might that relate to how you would interact with patients with whom you are communicating?

What if someone was already accepted to one of their top schools and had a really good chance of going there but had not yet accepted the seat/withdrew all other applications and went to one of their other interviews clearly to troll? Is there any way that school could notify that applicant's top pick and potentially get the acceptance rescinded? If so, what events would need to happen for that to occur (for example, the trolled school accepts the applicant just to see where else they've been accepted, only to take back their acceptance later after contacting those schools)?
Sometimes we see something that seems like this... sometimes we hypothesize that the applicant was getting some pressure to interview with us (alumni in the family, PI's alma mater) but wants to sabotage the interview and not get an offer. In some cases, there almost seems like a lack of desire to attend med school at all but external pressure to do so. We have mercy on those folks & don't admit them but we don't rat them out to other schools.

I think @gyngyn has mentioned that an Admissions dean has an obligation to inform AMCAS, and perhaps other Deans, of someone who has engaged in a major sin, like omitting a felony on an app form...I don't know how it would play out with unprofessional behavior. But deans do know each other. For example, my own dean is pals with a number of those form other DO schools, and I think the state MD school as well, so it might be possible that he could pick up the phone and call his cronies to "be on the lookout for ..."

This is an interesting observation... how might that relate to how you would interact with patients with whom you are communicating?
It would make me more aware that they might experience something similar, but more so I think it emphasizes the importance -- at least for me -- of paying close attention to another's body language and facial features when trying to fully understand them.

The classic "suicide by cop", so to speak. We occasionally have students who fail out, rather than just saying that they really don't want to be here. Tiger parent can do a lot of damage.

Sometimes we see something that seems like this... sometimes we hypothesize that the applicant was getting some pressure to interview with us (alumni in the family, PI's alma mater) but wants to sabotage the interview and not get an offer. In some cases, there almost seems like a lack of desire to attend med school at all but external pressure to do so. We have mercy on those folks & don't admit them but we don't rat them out to other schools.

I'm going to the interview with Spello tape, wizard style (assuming repairo is unsuccessful, ie. my glasses are a horcrux).

Harry Potter fans, hit me with your likes!

Reactions: 1 user