going commando in scrubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

easyaye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know this is a really random question, but does anyone here ever go commando in their scrubs?

Here's the situation... I go to the gym before heading to the hospital/campus and usually take my scrubs or clothes I'm planning on wearing with me and change after my workout. A couple of weeks ago, I had a little extra time after my workout and decided I would take a swim. I forgot that I didn't have an extra pair of boxers with me since I wasn't planning on swimming and wasn't planning on even getting that sweaty or needing a shower. I just wasn't thinking and jumped in the pool in my shorts. I got out of the pool, went to shower and realized what I'd done and thought OH CRAP.

No time to go home, as I had to be at the hospital like 20 minutes later so I went commando in the scrubs. No other choice. I thought I was going to feel self conscious all day, and I did for about the first 30 minutes feeling really exposed (kinda like those dreams where you're in walmart and realize you're in your underwear but worse)... But then we were so busy for the next couple of hours that I stopped thinking about it. Long story short, by the time I got home like 18 hours later, I started thinking this wasn't so bad and actually kinda liked it. So, I confess. I've been going commando in my scrubs since then. Anyone else out there?

Members don't see this ad.

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're using personal scrubs, like I was given in medical school = acceptable. I mean, it's not my thing, but whatever floats your boat.

If you're using hospital scrubs, like I've been doing since medical school = unacceptable. No way you should let that those things touch your junk, unless you're taking low-dose prophylactic doxy.

Is there a prophylactic for boners?

I had to do that once for the same reason. Went to the gym before work, brought clean everything except boxers, and I stepped on the ones I wore to the gym to dry my feet when I got out of the shower. I thought wasn't gonna be a big deal... but it was clearly obvious I was freeballing. So I took tape into the bathroom when I got to my floor and taped the inside of my scrubs so that any outline wouldn't be seen.

I guess depending on your endowment it isn't a big deal, but if you're the average guy or happened to be blessed, chances are the nursing floor you were on is still talking about your penchant for penile freedom.

Oh and... strong first post.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to do that once for the same reason. Went to the gym before work, brought clean everything except boxers, and I stepped on the ones I wore to the gym to dry my feet when I got out of the shower. I thought wasn't gonna be a big deal... but it was clearly obvious I was freeballing. So I took tape into the bathroom when I got to my floor and taped the inside of my scrubs so that any outline wouldn't be seen.

I guess depending on your endowment it isn't a big deal, but if you're the average guy or happened to be blessed, chances are the nursing floor you were on is still talking about your penchant for penile freedom.

Oh and... strong first post.

I sense gratuitous use of balls size indication.

Uh... did you tape your genitals down? Wtf did you tape, exactly?!?!?

I like not being in pain, so no. It was thick tape so I taped it to the inside of the scrubs. Still free balling, but now you're rubbing up against something that will keep its shape... instead of conforming to yours.

I hope you own these scrubs and they aren't the ones that are shared within the hospital.

One good reason not to do that is that I've seen accidental depantsing happen twice and have heard of other mishaps. It'd be a real bummer to have that drawstring come loose. Aside from the sharing hospital scrubs thing, they are also pretty thin. I mean, if you are a dude, slinging serious pipe and like everyone to know you're slinging pipe, then have at it....or if you're the opposite.

I go commando in my personal scrubs I wear around the house, but I'd never freeball in the hospital.

It was pretty well known where I trained what individuals were going commando....for obvious reasons.

A better question is, are you ok going commando in pants that OTHERS have gone commando in, spilled body fluids of all types on (both from patients and from the scrub wearer), etc.? Scrubs get cleaned, but....when you think about where they've been....:smuggrin:

Thanks for the replies... and I have another account, but I didn't really want this question linked with my name. :)

What's to love? It's hella comfortable. Less laundry. And if I'm completely honest, something about it made me feel a little bit more confident. Or maybe its boldness rather than confidence. Maybe it's a feeling of being more wild. Maybe after all the hours of being stuck in a library carrell like a caged dog the last couple of years, this is my inner wild animal showing some signs of life. This part is mostly me kidding, so don't get all upset. :D

The scrubs are my personal scrubs, so no concern about someone else's junk touching them. Though really, does a thin layer of boxers really count as much of a barrier when it comes to germs, body fluids, etc? Similarly, being worried about a boner showing more while going commando than while wearing boxers is kind of ridiculous. Boxers don't exactly keep that from showing. Besides, we have the anatomy, its part of what makes us men, so why are we so intent on trying to hide it or cover it up or act like it doesn't exist or like you're ashamed of your package? I'm starting to think boxers are just a mental safety net for most guys who wear them, as they don't really absorb much (see the post someone referred to about pee spots) and don't really hide much either.

I did find out there are at least two in my class who do this on a regular basis and aren't very bashful about it. And after thinking back, there have been a number of patients who weren't wearing underwear. Granted, they weren't wearing scrubs. Sounds like I'm alone in this forum, though.

Though really, does a thin layer of boxers really count as much of a barrier when it comes to germs, body fluids, etc?

For my money, yes. Condoms are thin, too, but they work pretty well. And we're asking a lot less of boxers.

And I call BS on the idea that lack of support will bother anyone. Commando in scrubs offers no less support than boxers in scrubs. If your boys are so big that they require ball huggers just to be comfortable, then I think you need to be tested for Fragile X Syndrome.

If your boys are so big that they require ball huggers just to be comfortable, then I think you need to be tested for Fragile X Syndrome.

Really? :(

For my money, yes. Condoms are thin, too, but they work pretty well. And we're asking a lot less of boxers.

And I call BS on the idea that lack of support will bother anyone. Commando in scrubs offers no less support than boxers in scrubs. If your boys are so big that they require ball huggers just to be comfortable, then I think you need to be tested for Fragile X Syndrome.

:laugh::thumbup:
Awesome

I dont get why scrotal skin is considered "dirtier" than any other skin. Unless if people are spillling semen into the scub pants, i would be far more concerned about MRSA from a "spiderbite" from someone's lower leg left in some impropery cleaned scrubs than the relatively clean genital skin.
Yet somehow, folks are more creeped out by the prospect of touching the latter.

unless your sporting M&M sized nuts after a few hours the lack of support will make your sack swell and back ache.

What, do you wear a Jock and a cup to contain your bat and baseballs? You must have testicles so large they smash into each other throughout the day, causing bruising edema... no normal guy does that.

This is the way I see it... You get a hardon it IS very natural. People that do not understand that or get upset for whatever reason that is their problem not yours. A hardon is a wonderful thing to have even and including if you got it looking at another Man. Allow yourself and other people to know about it, enjoy it and understand it. It IS COMPLETELY NATURAL AND RIGHT. When you should BE WORRIED is when you start NOT having hardons.... Allow your cock to "smile" and "breathe" - NEVER "hide" a hardon - let it be or allow someone to take care of it for you - regardless of Gender but never use and or abuse another and never allow them to do that to you either.

If I get a hardon or if I am just plain hard that is Mother Nature at work. Those that have a problem with that have a few options - they can look the other way or walk away, they can say something to me, they can offer to suck me off (IF is it someone I care about). But my hardon WILL BE THERE as long as Mother Nature and I want it to BE... Those that have a "problem with it" that is their problem certainly NOT mine. Being embarassed IS NOT NATURAL you LEARN that from "soceity" and "religion". Hardons Mother Nature PROVIDES to MEN - real MEN. A hardon is NOTHING to be embarassed about - it is to be understood, appreciated and celebrated.

Take Damn Good Care,

John H.

:confused: :laugh:

This is the way I see it... You get a hardon it IS very natural. People that do not understand that or get upset for whatever reason that is their problem not yours. A hardon is a wonderful thing to have even and including if you got it looking at another Man. Allow yourself and other people to know about it, enjoy it and understand it. It IS COMPLETELY NATURAL AND RIGHT. When you should BE WORRIED is when you start NOT having hardons.... Allow your cock to "smile" and "breathe" - NEVER "hide" a hardon - let it be or allow someone to take care of it for you - regardless of Gender but never use and or abuse another and never allow them to do that to you either.

If I get a hardon or if I am just plain hard that is Mother Nature at work. Those that have a problem with that have a few options - they can look the other way or walk away, they can say something to me, they can offer to suck me off (IF is it someone I care about). But my hardon WILL BE THERE as long as Mother Nature and I want it to BE... Those that have a "problem with it" that is their problem certainly NOT mine. Being embarassed IS NOT NATURAL you LEARN that from "soceity" and "religion". Hardons Mother Nature PROVIDES to MEN - real MEN. A hardon is NOTHING to be embarassed about - it is to be understood, appreciated and celebrated.

Take Damn Good Care,

John H.

:thumbup:;)

This topic was too funny not to comment on, mostly due to people getting all uptight about it. Go commando if you feel like it.

Last edited:
**Assuming anything about the OPs post is actually serious**

Have you ever considered the possibility that you are a doctor, and, thus, a professional in a field, and, therefore, should act like a professional?

Not wearing undergarments as a guy is tantamount to a woman not wearing a bra.

Unless you are Mr. Sue Ellen Mischke, be a man and put some boxers on. Rock out with your jock out on your own time.

**Assuming the OP is trolling out of sheer boredom, and, therefore, not being serious about this at all**

Put a sock on it. You may surprise yourself.
lol

**Assuming anything about the OPs post is actually serious**

Have you ever considered the possibility that you are a doctor, and, thus, a professional in a field, and, therefore, should act like a professional?

Not wearing undergarments as a guy is tantamount to a woman not wearing a bra.

Unless you are Mr. Sue Ellen Mischke, be a man and put some boxers on. Rock out with your jock out on your own time.

yeah, this.

And what Smurfette said.

Your equipment isn't really much more visible than when you're wearing boxers, although you might be more self aware or just feel like people can see everything the first few times you do it.

hmm

Last edited:
bahahhaha awesome thread. Sick necrobump msumike.

If you go commando in scrubs, I hope you get pants'd in front of a patient/attending/nurses station/others.