Going to be a cougar in med school. Roar!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Miley on the other hand... :barf:
Whatever. Miley is so savvy it's ridiculous. She is totally in charge as the product manager of herself. She may not be a great artist, and she may make a lot of mistakes, but I think they're hers. I enjoy good honest mistakes.

Although let's be real, Steve Kardynal's chatroullete sequel blew Miley's version out of the water.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Swift is damn good at making catchy songs, especially considering that she's one of the few pop megastars that actually writes her own material. She's quite talented- most people need teams of writers to sell like she does.

Possibly glorified bubble-gum music. Selling--her hooks and such is the measure there...not mine. ;) Not up to my standards, by a long shot. I don't hold her success against her. 200 years from now, no one will remember her. I mean I guess if it pays more than writing commercial jingles, why not? Wouldn't spend a buck on any of her works that I have heard--mp3 or otherwise. I detest a lot of popish crap though. A starving, true artist that stays true to the craft--a very rare find today.

Yea, I said I give TS more props that Miley.

Members don't see this ad :)
See, here's the thing about pop. You don't listen to it for the *music*, you listen to it to be temporarily a part of a massive social phenomenon. The cascading levels of meta-enjoyment that make the Steve Kardynal sequel so beautiful explain the whole thing omg.

Also The Rock is a giant pile of cascading levels etc. <3

Reactions: 2 users
Don't know? Which one is that? Katy? LOL

I am a proud music snob. At a party, I could care less. Serious listening? Now that's a whole other deal.

Haha, I take back my question then. Otherwise, down the rabbit hole we go.

Reactions: 1 user
I have no idea what this thread is about anymore even.

BUT I LIKE IT.

I have no idea what this thread is about anymore even.

BUT I LIKE IT.
2060390-i_like_it.jpg

I think it's become about not giving a ****. Because really, that's the best thing for any nontrad to do in med school, cougar or not.

Reactions: 5 users
OP, I started med school when I was about ten years older than most of my classmates. For some reason, the chairman of the department of Surgery here remembers that I'm the "old" student and recently asked me if my classmates view me as the class mom (I have no kids).

All I could say was "god I hope not".

Reactions: 3 users
I felt I was making valid and important points. >:|

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1445559966.372941.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, I started med school when I was about ten years older than most of my classmates. For some reason, the chairman of the department of Surgery here remembers that I'm the "old" student and recently asked me if my classmates view me as the class mom (I have no kids).

All I could say was "god I hope not".

Um, well I guess it would be better than being the class mutha.... ;)

Possibly glorified bubble-gum music. Selling--her hooks and such is the measure there...not mine. ;) Not up to my standards, by a long shot. I don't hold her success against her. 200 years from now, no one will remember her. I mean I guess if it pays more than writing commercial jingles, why not? Wouldn't spend a buck on any of her works that I have heard--mp3 or otherwise. I detest a lot of popish crap though. A starving, true artist that stays true to the craft--a very rare find today.

Yea, I said I give TS more props that Miley.

What modern artists do you listen to that people will be talking about in 200 years?

I know I am going to pizz off the Taylor Swift people, but something about her seems like she could be an alien. LOL. I think I am biased b/c I don't tend think she has great vocal ability--and her song-writing is (no comment). I mean she is attractive, but somehow I could be persuaded to think that she landed here from another planet. LOL.

Sorry Taylor Swift fans. I am sure she is a wonderful person. :shrug:

LOL Let the hate begin. If it helps, I feel even less for the abilities of Miley Cyrus--but I think she's out there b/c she's a big more desperate.

Swift is damn good at making catchy songs, especially considering that she's one of the few pop megastars that actually writes her own material. She's quite talented- most people need teams of writers to sell like she does.

Miley Cyrus is actually a pretty good singer. Taylor Swift is a bad singer, but I love her anyways.

It just hit me. I'll most likely be in med school with peers ten years my junior when I finally matriculate. I might even be older than that if I don't get in the first merry-go-round.

I don't have a boyfriend, I don't have kids, and I don't foresee that changing any time soon.

I'm not the type to go to college to pursue a hubby, otherwise I'd have my MRS by now, but I can't say I've dated younger men before (and had meaningful relationships).

So, Cougartown it is, I guess, unless I go D.O. Or become that crazy single cat lady doctor.

Any other single old folks out there? I'm in my early 30s, but apparently that's geriatric in med school years, so I'm posting here.
I hope you'll be in my class

This fits ... so many jealous youngsters ... I say unto thee:

^ jealous no. Thanks for the youngster though--especially in a cougar thread. ;)

Getting back to the theme:

Madonna,55 bf,22...Jlo,43 bf,26...mariah carey,44 hubby,32 if your still single ,dont worry, your bf may not be born yet

Just sharing this on Extreme CougarISM:

I have to be honest. Gets a wee bit creepy for me I think. But as terrible as it may seem, honestly, I wonder how much youthful looking appearance plays into this on some level? I am not saying it's right--especially if the need to reproduce isn't an issue. I mean obviously there are a ton of other factors to consider. I wonder, however, if I could handle looking older than my mate. I just don't know. Thank God as for right now, I don't have to worry about it. So I guess, at what point does this get ridiculous? LOL

Also, I just wanted to keep this thread going, b/c it's one of the fun ones. And where in the world is Eccesignum already?

Last edited:
maybe it wasn't meant at you? :thinking:

Cool, but I just want to keep this thread going. :) :p

And which part? the jealous or the youngster? B/c :( if not the youngster. :(

More raccoon than cougar, myself...
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1445722834.011750.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
That 76-year-old lady is a trip. :rofl:

I'd think of it this way: if you care so much about what other people think, what are you doing here in the first place? Stay put in your safe, boring life and forget about medical school. That's what most people your age are doing. Anyone who does anything outside the ordinary is going to catch some flack for it from people who can't conceive of another way of looking at things.

I'm going to be retired at age 43, and a big, John Goodman-inspired F-U to anyone who doesn't like it. (Note: video not safe for kids or work; take out the space between https if you want to view it.)

h ttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI

That 76-year-old lady is a trip. :rofl:

I'd think of it this way: if you care so much about what other people think, what are you doing here in the first place? Stay put in your safe, boring life and forget about medical school. That's what most people your age are doing. Anyone who does anything outside the ordinary is going to catch some flack for it from people who can't conceive of another way of looking at things.

I'm going to be retired at age 43, and a big, John Goodman-inspired F-U to anyone who doesn't like it. (Note: video not safe for kids or work.)

Q, just LOL. What's to say after that? PS. At first glance, I didn't even notice it was John Goodman. Nothing wrong with being free to do whatever you want at 43!

About the care what people think part--that goes only so far with me, but one of my faults has been, not the greatest amount, but a fair enough amount of vanity. More like something closer to the level of Elizabeth Bennet's in Pride and Prejudice, but would be better to be more like that of Bronte's Jane Eyre character--where beauty is of absolutely no consequence at all--which is true, but ey not true. :shrug: Everyone has their vices. At least I am not a shoe-0-holic or compelled to only have Coach and such handbags. :)

Q, just LOL. What's to say after that? PS. At first glance, I didn't even notice it was John Goodman. Nothing wrong with being free to do whatever you want at 43!

About the care what people think part--that goes only so far with me, but one of my faults has been not the greatest amount but a fair enough amount of vanity. More like many something closer to the level of Elizabeth Bennet's in Pride and Prejudice, but would be better to be more like that of Bronte's Jane Eyre character. Everyone has their vices. At least I am not a shoe-0-holic or compelled to only have Coach and such handbags. :)
Heh, I don't have a handbag at all. I do, however, generally wear shoes whenever I leave my home, although no one has ever explicitly told me that I must wear them besides the gym and a few restaurants that insist on shoe usage by patrons. It has nothing to do with vanity though; I don't want to step in my bare feet on anything sharp outside, or in anything icky on the floor of the hospital inside. Not all social conventions are bad in all circumstances. ;)

Getting back to the topic at hand, I don't think I'm cut out to be a cougar, at least not right now. It's easy to romanticize what it's like to be college-aged when you're a couple of decades out from that time yourself, but the angst of adolescence is hardly a romantic come-on. Maybe when I'm sixty, a forty-year-old would be ok. But by then, I'll probably think that 40-year-olds have too much angst to be worth the trouble. :D

Heh, I don't have a handbag at all. I do, however, generally wear shoes whenever I leave my home, although no one has ever explicitly told me that I must wear them besides the gym and a few restaurants that insist on shoe usage by patrons. It has nothing to do with vanity though; I don't want to step in my bare feet on anything sharp outside, or in anything icky on the floor of the hospital inside. Not all social conventions are bad in all circumstances. ;)

Getting back to the topic at hand, I don't think I'm cut out to be a cougar, at least not right now. It's easy to romanticize what it's like to be college-aged when you're a couple of decades out from that time yourself, but the angst of adolescence is hardly a romantic come-on. Maybe when I'm sixty, a forty-year-old would be ok. But by then, I'll probably think that 40-year-olds have too much angst to be worth the trouble. :D

Yes, it would have to be the exceptional cub. Now the odds really begin to drop. LOL Getting the right match, regardless of age, is challenging, period. Something about kissing a lot of frogs or something like that. I was fortunate to marry very young and have it remain a success. After that, I tend to think I'd cast a cagey leer in the direction of any cub or a "manther."

There's a term we don't hear so much...manther or the rhino.

There's a term we don't hear so much...manther or the rhino.
I had to google them since I'd never heard of either. So basically they're both synonyms for the male version of a cougar, as is a trout, but only if they're looking for younger women. (According to the site I looked at, a gay manther is called a chickenhawk.) What do you call the female version of a "cub"?

I had to google them since I'd never heard of either. So basically they're both synonyms for the male version of a cougar, as is a trout, but only if they're looking for younger women. (According to the site I looked at, a gay manther is called a chickenhawk.) What do you call the female version of a "cub"?

Selena Gomez? Or is she too old? ;)

"Sugar baby."

*hands in feminist card* sigh.

I'm going to be retired at age 43

Oh boy. :D I didn't start premed pre-reqs UNTIL I was 43 :naughty: I will never retire and apparently, will never marry.

Now at "north of 48" I could see myself dating a younger guy... maybe. As long as he fit the #1-10 between @Eccesignum and I.

Meanwhile, if you find yourself with an old crone spectating as a cougar, drooling over the very smart guy, remember this:

5fcddb5774b61c192b6fe746a3853b50.jpg

Oh boy. :D I didn't start premed pre-reqs UNTIL I was 43 :naughty: I will never retire and apparently, will never marry.

Now at "north of 48" I could see myself dating a younger guy... maybe. As long as he fit the #1-10 between @Eccesignum and I.

Meanwhile, if you find yourself with an old crone spectating as a cougar, drooling over the very smart guy, remember this:

5fcddb5774b61c192b6fe746a3853b50.jpg
Never say never Ab2b. Sometimes babysitting can get comfortable. LOL. The 70+ lady in the video was a piece of work--saying she doesn't meet the families...LOL.

I thought of increasing numbers of STD/Is in the elderly, and in fact remember reading that they are indeed on the rise in this population. Oy vey.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...01403/baby-boomers-gone-wild-seniors-and-stds

[However you decide to parse the statistics, one thing is abundantly clear: Many senior citizens are sexually active, and quite a lot of them are choosing to not “suit up” before dancing the horizontal mambo. Recognizing this fact, Medicare now offers free STD screenings for seniors. Unfortunately, as of now, only about 5% of those who are eligible for this no-cost service have chosen to utilize it, which means the tsunami of seniors swapping STDs swells onward unabated.]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23221769

Yikes. I wonder how many ID and FP docs are addressing this with their patients?

Last edited:
WHAT.

SOMEONE INVOKED ME.

I'M GETTING POST-WORK DRUNK OVER HERE SO HERE LET US PARTY YEA VERILY

crazy cat.jpeg

Last edited:
Great thread.

Maybe being a cougar is more fun. But arriving to silver fox status (sorry i don't like the other monikers), probably in the best physical shape I've been in since age 21 and now a working physician--As opposed to a student--not attractive for a man....sorry--maybe to other students, so not to worry--I would have thought I'd be more excited about ladykilling again. Especially in a city overstocked with 30 something hotties who have intense man acquiring plans. But. Idk, maybe's it's 40 something emerging from long slumber in marriage, but after going on some nice dates with some very beautiful 30 somethings, I'm just not interested in the single scene at this age.

For a separated man, at my age, the 20 somethings are too young. Physically very attractive. But it feels like exploitation. There's just mismatch in confidence, and if not that, I just don't find them that interesting. I suppose I'd be open to a certain individual in that age but the effort of looking would be enormously tedious. Then the 30 somethings. Too intense. Too focused on the ovary stock and what to do with it.... like now! I can't do it.

I think the 40 somethings would be cool. If they survived intact. Without too many issues. I'm guess I'm a hypocrite.

So mating is not great at this age.

But here's what is, as someone else indicated: 1. Not giving a f@ck. Not even a little bit. Actually a slight problem for dating. 2. Being confident. 3. Knowing what to do with your time and getting to it. 4. Productive inspiration.

So, I'd say I'm very happy with where I'm at. But saying that without the slightest concern for an object of romance and desire has come as a surprise, as I am both pruriently preoccupied and hopelessly romantic.

I guess it's the freedom. And wanting to be inspired and creative more than laid.

Maybe I'll get baby fever and stalk an unsuspecting sugar baby with a healthy womb and baby appropriate energy in a few years.

Right now. A man cave with a weight bench, my electric guitar with an amp buzzing and ready, rustic metal and concrete appointments, the lights out in my apartment, frequent pointless nudity, perpetual take out, and my own passionate creative work, sounds just about awesome. So awesome, I'm happy sublimating my erections into work.

Great thread.

Maybe being a cougar is more fun. But arriving to silver fox status (sorry i don't like the other monikers), probably in the best physical shape I've been in since age 21 and now a working physician--As opposed to a student--not attractive for a man....sorry--maybe to other students, so not to worry--I would have thought I'd be more excited about ladykilling again. Especially in a city overstocked with 30 something hotties who have intense man acquiring plans. But. Idk, maybe's it's 40 something emerging from long slumber in marriage, but after going on some nice dates with some very beautiful 30 somethings, I'm just not interested in the single scene at this age.

For a separated man, at my age, the 20 somethings are too young. Physically very attractive. But it feels like exploitation. There's just mismatch in confidence, and if not that, I just don't find them that interesting. I suppose I'd be open to a certain individual in that age but the effort of looking would be enormously tedious. Then the 30 somethings. Too intense. Too focused on the ovary stock and what to do with it.... like now! I can't do it.

I think the 40 somethings would be cool. If they survived intact. Without too many issues. I'm guess I'm a hypocrite.

So mating is not great at this age.

But here's what is, as someone else indicated: 1. Not giving a f@ck. Not even a little bit. Actually a slight problem for dating. 2. Being confident. 3. Knowing what to do with your time and getting to it. 4. Productive inspiration.

So, I'd say I'm very happy with where I'm at. But saying that without the slightest concern for an object of romance and desire has come as a surprise, as I am both pruriently preoccupied and hopelessly romantic.

I guess it's the freedom. And wanting to be inspired and creative more than laid.

Maybe I'll get baby fever and stalk an unsuspecting sugar baby with a healthy womb and baby appropriate energy in a few years.

Right now. A man cave with a weight bench, my electric guitar with an amp buzzing and ready, rustic metal and concrete appointments, the lights out in my apartment, frequent pointless nudity, perpetual take out, and my own passionate creative work, sounds just about awesome. So awesome, I'm happy sublimating my erections into work.

Not all of us in our 30s want kids, just sayin'...I know this utterly confounds people, but it's true.

Reactions: 1 users
Great thread. blahblahblabhalblabhlabh

You+re+fun+at+parties+_05edb6fbc36fcc81dd58403e9c700aee.jpg

So back to cougarville, we go ... possibly NSFW but funny ... if not SFW, please let me know I'll be a buzz kill winner too :D

Not all of us in our 30s want kids, just sayin'.

And no one should judge you for that :) I'm so thankful for my son as unplanned as he was... he's my light and my world; unless he's coming home at 1 AM, shoving doors shut, opening the fridge door, and waking me up.

Then... I don't like him much :mad:

I am both pruriently preoccupied and hopelessly romantic.

Nas, your replies are spicy as usual. ^Don't waste this though! You'll probably end up with like 6 kids, lol.

Not all of us in our 30s want kids, just sayin'...I know this utterly confounds people, but it's true.

I mean it's true. I won't lie. It's a lot at times. There are days you turn around and say, "What was I thinking?" But you get over it--mostly that's at certain aspects of the teen phase. It can get to be a purely love/hate relationship at times during that phase. Like, "I love you, but I don't like you right now." LOL No worries, cuz they say the same thing, then come back and give you a hug...and then ask for money or something. LOL

I think there are more and more people anymore that are just opting out of parenthood altogether. Depends on the person I guess.