Going to get in an "A" in psychology but.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fakhter

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't really learned much at all in the class. The tests are curved because everyone fails them and I usually get a C. Why am I worrying? Well I unfortunately will have to take the 2015 MCAT which includes Psychology. Should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. Either way you'll probably forget a lot of the material between now and 2015 and there will be test prep materials to help you study for the new MCAT. I'd just focus on your grades/ECs for now.

How is the class average in psychology an "F"? That doesn't make any sense. I mean, if it were actually a biopsychology class I could understand, but intro psych is about as easy as psych gets.

Anyway, assuming your college somehow managed to make intro psych hard, I wouldn't worry too much. When I took orgo 1+2 I failed every single exam; thing is, so did a lot of other people; usually the average was in "C" range. So as a result I still came out with a "B-" both semesters. I felt like I learned nothing though since the whole year was just a daze. Then I studied for the MCAT and discovered that despite having had taken orgo 3 years prior I still wasn't that rusty and it actually ended up being my best subject on the MCAT in that I killed every orgo passage I tried.

Moral of the story is that classes that are designed by your college to be exceptionally brutal can make you feel stupid even when you actually know the material very well, and you're probably better prepared for the 2015 MCAT than you think you are.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like an excessively difficult course. I wouldn't worry too much as long as you feel like you know the concepts.

You'll be fine. Psych is easy. Definitely not physics

Sounds like someone got a nutty professor. The psych involved in typical intro to psych (and what will be on the MCAT) is bare bones and easy. You will have no difficulty preparing for it on your own.

Survivor DO

I haven't really learned much at all in the class. The tests are curved because everyone fails them and I usually get a C. Why am I worrying? Well I unfortunately will have to take the 2015 MCAT which includes Psychology. Should I be worried?

I don't think you should be worried; psych 101 material is basic and pretty easy to self-study, and it sounds like that is how psychology on the MCAT will be. I took college psych in high school years ago and will be taking the 2015 MCAT, and I don't think it will be too hard to brush up and relearn everything. Good luck with the rest of what sounds like a ridiculous class!