Gonna be done with the Army soon, and....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fast1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
....been thinking about going for paramedic. So here's my situation. I've joined the army 4 yrs ago with nothing but a GED to my name (back then, they were taking just about anyone who could breath and walk at the same time). My time in service is running out, and am thinking that while i'm in the reserves, I'd go and get certified as a paramedic. Well, easier said then done. While my certs are good for a couple of years, I also need to know about some prerequisites I need to get into before I start my journey into the paramedic world. Still no college to my name, and i'm at that stage in my life where I feel I really need to get the ball rolling so to speak (28 yrs old....that's long enough in my opinion). It's gonna be honorable, so my GI Bill will give me a hand for about 3yrs. I just want to know what I need to prepare for, including prerequisites. Thanks in advance guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, over 80 views and nothing so far. Thanks a bunch guys.......:confused:

Patience is a virtue from what I hear. Also, this is a forum that focuses more on pre-hospital providers making the transition into medical school. Hence, the reason this falls under the health care transitions section of SDN. Given enough time you are likely to have somebody reply, but don't expect it after eighty views and a little over an hour.