Good & Cheap Hotel/Motel to stay in Valhalla?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all... in prep for my interview in NYMC next week I'm just wondering if anyone knows a good and cheap hotel or motel that is really close (hopefully within walking distance) to NYMC?!?

I'll stick with close rather than cheap but still both would be nice

Also does anyone know how to get to Valhalla from NYMC (ie: Lagardia?!?)

Thanks alot :)

Members don't see this ad.

oops I meant to Valhalla from NY city or Lagardia... thanks in advance

I don't know much about finding a hotel, I stayed with a student host. (If you have at least a week before the interview you should contact someone by phone and arrange that)

To get to NYMC, the cheapest way is to take the metro-west railroad (Harlem line) from Grand Central Station to White Plains or North White Plains and take a taxi from there. Make sure you have numbers for local taxi companies. I think it's on the NYMC website. Also Valhalla is a stop on the Harlem line but I thinkthe White Plains is closer to the school.

Here is the MTA website to get train schedules:

http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi thanks alot,

is it safe to ride that train at night or in the daytime? i've never been to Ny so i'm just wondering...

thanks

ocean11

The Metro-North is probably fine at any time, as for the subway...It's okay during the day but at night I wouldn't. How late at night are you talking about?

(Sorry I said Metro-West in the first post. It's actually Metro-North)