Good idea to take series of classes at different school???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mynameistino

I am just wondering if it is a good idea to take series of classes at different school. I have to do this because of timing issues of transfering and moving around etc..
I want to take physics and organic chemsitry 1 at a community college and finish the rest at a University. Will this affect anything? and lets just say i got a decent DAT score after finishing up the classes at the university.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

mynameistino said:
I am just wondering if it is a good idea to take series of classes at different school. I have to do this because of timing issues of transfering and moving around etc..
I want to take physics and organic chemsitry 1 at a community college and finish the rest at a University. Will this affect anything? and lets just say i got a decent DAT score after finishing up the classes at the university.
Thank you

Meh I took classes at four different schools. Didn't seem to hurt me at all. Just make sure you do well in your classes. :)

tinman831 said:
Meh I took classes at four different schools. Didn't seem to hurt me at all. Just make sure you do well in your classes. :)

And the schools that have accepted you, did not say anything about it or any of the schools that you have been to?

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a big stigma about taking classes at a community college, especially your weed out courses. If you take organic and physics at a CC then good scores in those classes won't be impressive cause they'll assume that they were easier.....but if you perform really well on those sections on the DAT then I doubt it would hurt you. The DAT is key!

If I remembered correctly, some schools like Tufts do not like prereqs to be taken at CCs... just do some checking first