About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good keratometer

Discussion in 'Young Ophthalmologists' started by racheleye, Sep 11, 2010.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. racheleye

racheleye

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Where can one obtain a decent keratometer that costs less than, say, 10K?

I used to have access to an Orbscan and Pentacam in residency... but now that I'm buying my own stuff...I want to find a good deal!

Thank you!
  2. orbitsurgMD

orbitsurgMD Senior Member

Attending Physician
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    You mean a video keratography unit, right? One with a computer and software to at least give you front-surface curvatures? A simple keratometer (i.e. AO, Haag-Streit, is going to have to be bought used.)

Yeah, a Pentacam is nice, and priced accordingly. I think there is only one other company now (name escapes me) that has a similar Scheimpflug system.

You might look at Opto Global, a European company that manufactures in Poland but markets globally. I have seen some of their things at the meetings, and they seem to have devices that are both up-to-date and competitively-priced.

Otherwise, AAO is coming up next month, and most equipment companies will be exhibiting with the usual promotional pricing. I suggest you contact them all: Oculus, Topcon, Marco, Zeiss, Tomey, Opto-Global and get an idea of what you can expect from them.

Best . . .