Good luck for the Week of Jan 17th!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been (unpatiently) waiting for word from many schools about interviews and I know others are in the same boat as me. Just wanted to wish everyone luck and hope that we all hear some good news this week. I reckon we are the ones with the greyest hairs in the process and think we deserve to hear good things soon. Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

cheers to that. good luck to all this week :luck:

Haybrant said:
Hi,

I have been (unpatiently) waiting for word from many schools about interviews and I know others are in the same boat as me. Just wanted to wish everyone luck and hope that we all hear some good news this week. I reckon we are the ones with the greyest hairs in the process and think we deserve to hear good things soon. Good luck! :luck:

Yes!!! Good luck everybody!!!

I was thinking we should have a "last ditch" publicity effort sort of like the Monsters "Today's the day" ad. I wonder if anyone has ever sent a videotape of themselves to an admissions office. I've heard (and this might be an urban legend) that someone had sent a door with a shoe stuck in it with a letter saying that the applicant what "trying to get his foot in the door" :eek: Some of us might be desperate, but that's just plain lame. Just think about that guy next time you feel uneasy about sending update letters :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone. Probably going to hear back from 4 schools post-interview tihs week. I'll need all the luck I can get too!!

OMG, the shoe/door story is hilarious! :laugh:

I'm on the same boat as you guys... I haven't hard anything good since early december. In fact, I have heard nothing - except for a rejection! And, I'm still waiting on ~10 schools. I don't even remember, I lost count a long time ago!

Hopefully, this week will bring us some good news!!!! I need it. I'm starting to lose hope... Gluck everyone! :luck:

This could potentially be a big week for me. I hope to hear from three CA schools post-interview! :) Good luck to everyone else! :luck:

KiKat, it sounds like you and I have identical situations! I need all the good luck I can get. Here's hoping we all hear something positive this week, be it invites or acceptances! :luck: :luck:

Still waiting to hear from 16 schools! Whenever I call they say my file is under review. I guess it's better than rejection, but I'm so tired of waiting! I hope this week will be better for me :luck: :luck:

Good luck everyone. :thumbup:

Haybrant said:
Hi,

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I'll hear from Vandy Friday and NYU hopefully soon.

Also, I'm getting really desperate for the elusive Yale and Penn interviews. Sent them another update letters last week, but they have been incommunicado :oops:

Yes, yes!

I can feel the luck! CAN. FEEL. IT.

Good luck this week to those waiting to hear about interviews, to those going to interviews, and to those waiting for an acceptance!

We're all going to get some AWESOME news this week.

Yay!

:luck:

Yaaaaay! Good luck everybody!!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Sending out good vibes..... :love:

Gluck to everyone. I'm still waiting for interview invites from 19 schools. This is gonna be a good week, I can feel it!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haybrant said:
yay! The best news Ive had so far in the whole process; a Stanford Interview Invite :)

Congrats, Haybrant! That's fantastic!

Haybrant said:
yay! The best news Ive had so far in the whole process; a Stanford Interview Invite :)

Oh my gosh, congratulations Haybrant!!! :D

:thumbup: Congrats Haybrant!!

:luck: :luck: :luck: to everyone this week!

invicta said:
:thumbup: Congrats Haybrant!!

:luck: :luck: :luck: to everyone this week!

Congrats Haybrant! YAY! See? The good luck thread works.

what i'd give for that stanford interview!!!

but good luck! stanford is just so awesome !

Edit: for those of you who got an interview from Penn: does it say so on your status page?

Good luck you guys! Remember its not over till its over!!!

Congrats Haybrant!
Good luck everyone else! :luck: :luck:
I am also still waiting for interview invites from ~10 schools.

sweatybrain said:

Edit: for those of you who got an interview from Penn: does it say so on your status page?

Yes. There's a whole 'nother part of the website that suddenly comes alive! You schedule everything online through your status page - and can even order your meal! Tres fancy.

ajt2003 said:
Yes. There's a whole 'nother part of the website that suddenly comes alive! You schedule everything online through your status page - and can even order your meal! Tres fancy.

my webpage is still dead :(

thanks everyone! after months of stress due to waiting for 20+ schools im feeling better. Now, must concentrate at work. Good luck to all

sweatybrain said:

Congrats Haybrant!

Yes, penn's status page will reflect that you have an interview. You actually use the status page to pick your date and find other interviewing info (schedule, hotels,etc). I don't know why they haven't given you an invite Sweatybrain. I hope you get one soon.

I'm going to join this week's good luck thread. I swear, all those schools that have me in the hold pile, I'd almost rather hear they are rejecting me so I don't think about them anymore, or spend time logging into the status pages that never change. That said, invites would be much more appreciated :D

Good luck, all :luck:

CanuckRazorback said:
Yes!!! Good luck everybody!!!

I was thinking we should have a "last ditch" publicity effort sort of like the Monsters "Today's the day" ad. I wonder if anyone has ever sent a videotape of themselves to an admissions office. I've heard (and this might be an urban legend) that someone had sent a door with a shoe stuck in it with a letter saying that the applicant what "trying to get his foot in the door" :eek: Some of us might be desperate, but that's just plain lame. Just think about that guy next time you feel uneasy about sending update letters :)

i read that too, and thought it was a great story and she said the adcom called her personally and said that was why she got in :thumbup:

good luck everyone!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

i wonder what is means to be still under review.........boggles my mind, but i'll take that!!!! I have my MSSM interview next thurs!!! :luck: :luck: :love: :love:

sweatybrain said:
Also, I'm getting really desperate for the elusive Yale and Penn interviews. Sent them another update letters last week, but they have been incommunicado :oops:

I was complete at those schools at the beginning of September and still haven't heard anything. Sounds like we're in the same boat.

penn stops giving out interviews this week........ :( :oops: not giving up hope till friday! :luck: :luck:

wends said:
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

i wonder what is means to be still under review.........boggles my mind, but i'll take that!!!! I have my MSSM interview next thurs!!! :luck: :luck: :love: :love:

Wow Wends, CONGRATS and good luck at MSSM!!! Awesome school. I wish you well :) :luck:

Haybrant said:
congrats!!!

good luck everyone .... I need some luck too =)

Good luck to all and to all an acceptance letter!!! :D

Haybrant said:

Haybrant, that's awesome :thumbup:. As a fellow late applicant, I have been empathizing with you and your anxiousness throughout this process. Where else have you been invited to interview? Also, is it true that Northwestern is done sending out interview invites? I figured I would have interviewed there before any of the other places at which I will be interviewing, although applying late was probably a bigger handicap at Northwestern since it has rolling admissions. Finally, good luck to everyone awaiting word from Yale, UPenn, and Stanford :luck:. I would love an interview from any--or all :D--of those schools.

This good luck thread hasn't worked for me, yet. Rejected by Michigan State today. I'm okay with it, though. :thumbup: There's always tomorrow! :D

DrDarwin said:
Haybrant, that's awesome :thumbup:. As a fellow late applicant, I have been empathizing with you and your anxiousness throughout this process. Where else have you been invited to interview? Also, is it true that Northwestern is done sending out interview invites? I figured I would have interviewed there before any of the other places at which I will be interviewing, although applying late was probably a bigger handicap at Northwestern since it has rolling admissions. Finally, good luck to everyone awaiting word from Yale, UPenn, and Stanford :luck:. I would love an interview from any--or all :D--of those schools.

Thanks Darwin! Yes, ive been very anxious but this is close to the best news I could have gotten this wk. I think it helps that the research I am involved in is very hot at Stanford, and will soon be throughout California, if you catch my drift. So i think this helped distinguish me at Stanford, which you mentioned before is the most important thing to do. Other than that and UPitt I am yet to hear much, so hopefully this wk will bring news similar to that which you recieved in the past few wks:) But yes, applying late has hurt; i hear certain schools have stopped sending out invites all together.

UCLAstudent said:
This good luck thread hasn't worked for me, yet. Rejected by Michigan State today. I'm okay with it, though. :thumbup: There's always tomorrow! :D

Are you from Michigan? Or did you actually get a secondary out of state?

Called UPenn's admissions office...they're doing them up through next week in terms of invites...hope this helps.

I too need some luck this week (and next). I can't shake the feeling that there are a couple of thin envelopes on their way.

curiouslygeorge said:
Are you from Michigan? Or did you actually get a secondary out of state?

Haha, nope, no secondary for me! They took my money and ran like the wind. I didn't realize that they only accept 15% out-of-state each year. I love Michigan, so that's why I applied. :)

C'mon on good luck thread...work your magic! All I've gotten this week is a big fat rejection from BU. :( January is almost over, I really need some good news (and I know I'm not alone!).
:luck: :luck: :luck:

I NEED some luck...i've only had three interview invites so far, and so far one's been in early january, one in early february, and one in mid March....and hold at Penn State...and heard nothing from the other three.... Luck please AHHHH :confused: :luck:

JDAD needs some sugar! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

I really hope I get some good news this week. I haven't heard anything since the begining of December.