Good sing along song? [serious question]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sat0ri

Everything we see hides another
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is a for a volunteer talent show (still ~ 1 year away, but I'm a bit competitive..). I'm looking for a good song to sing along with by "Best Buddy" for the talent show. Some information about him: older male (therefore not physical, hence the choice for singing as our talent), significantly intellectually delayed (definitely has presence of mind though), completely blind. He says he likes country, but he always asks for gangster rap radio stations (I'm not doing gangster rap, sorry), so if there's a good country sing along song, that might just be perfect. Right now I've picked out "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes. I guess the only reason why is because there is a line like "I was blind before I met you", and that sort of resonated with me. After thoroughly learning the song though, the lyrics are more about romance than friendship, and some people might be like "WTF o_O". So a song about FRIENDSHIP would be better, and incorporating any or all of the above elements would be best.

Thanks! Hope I get some answers!

EDIT: FYI, I'm playing the guitar, so it has to be a song that is arrangeable for guitar; additionally, I'm not a good singer, so no Beyonce or whatever--sorry single laddies...

Members don't see this ad.