Good Strategy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbils

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting my MCAT prep for a target test date of around May or June of 2017 and was wondering thoughts on my plan:

Going through the PR review books for each topic initially and utilizing Khan Academy videos and practice questions for clarity and tests of knowledge along the way (figure this will take 2-3 months as I work full time)

Once I finish going through the material in the review books, begin taking FL practices in order to see where I am knowledge wise and to begin honing the test taking skills (will likely not take FL's before Jan. or Feb.)

All the while, continually review material and hone in on strategies

Does this seem like a strategy that will work or are there adjustments I should be making in order to maximize my score?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

solid plan, but stay flexible and plan on doing all of the AAMC material during your prep.
How early should I start the AAMC material? From their site I see only 3 exams, a section bank, and question packs. Are there any AAMC materials that are not really worth it? Those flashcards look like a waste of my money. Can anyone with experience with them say otherwise?