Good time to send interest check emails?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

planisphere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my AADSAS app in early August and received receipt emails from most of the schools around the same time. But I received only two interviews so far.

I already sent interest check email to all other schools in early this month. When do you guys is the good time to send another interest check, January? February? Or none at all since I sent one already?

P.S. Is it common that several schools do not respond to interest check emails from applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

I sent my AADSAS app in early August and received receipt emails from most of the schools around the same time. But I received only two interviews so far.

I already sent interest check email to all other schools in early this month. When do you guys is the good time to send another interest check, January? February? Or none at all since I sent one already?

P.S. Is it common that several schools do not respond to interest check emails from applicants?
it is very common

trust the process...

Members don't see this ad :)
From my understanding, sending a letter of interest doesn't hurt you or benefit you. However, if you are going to send one, I would send one to schools after the December acceptances rollout. The best time would probably be in January or February if you are going to send one. I agree with @macsak, just trust the process!

Reactions: 1 user
From my understanding, sending a letter of interest doesn't hurt you or benefit you. However, if you are going to send one, I would send one to schools after the December acceptances rollout. The best time would probably be in January or February if you are going to send one. I agree with @macsak, just trust the process!
I won't write 'thank you' on your every response but I trust you are aware I appreciate it! hehe

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you are discouraged to update...

Three days after decision day (before December 20). Most won't respond to you, but we want to fill up our early January interview spots before we go on holiday. If you get an A and want to drop interview spots you have, tell the schools also before December 20 (ideally as soon as you know to help others waiting for spots).

Please don't send the Friday/weekend before Christmas. No one should be working between Christmas and New Year's Day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Three days after decision day (before December 20).
Thank you for your profession advise! Are you saying unless discouraged, send the interest email bewteen Dec 15~Dec 20? DId I understand correctly?

While the value of sending letters of interest/intent to ds may be debatable, what is not debatable is that unsolicited emails/letters place additional work on the school's staff since the correspondence, at the least, require the information to be catalogued/documented in its proper compartment.

Reactions: 1 users