Good way of memorizing solubility rules and strong bases/acids?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patricklin27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time memorizing solubility rules and strong acids/bases. i would know it for two weeks and then forget most of it. whats the best way of memorizing it? notecards?

Members don't see this ad.

I just watch Chad's videos for gen-chem. He narrows down the ones you need to know. Spend 30 minutes each night to go over things that you don't remember before you go to sleep. Flashcards will also help. Use free anki or flashcards apps for smartphones.

Yes I strongly agree with using flashcards. I personally used Anki and it helped me remember this along with other concepts very effectively.

If you're a visual learner, a good way to remember the strong acids and bases is by using the periodic table. You will notice a pattern with the strong acids and bases mentioned by Chad.

I liked to use a sheet of paper folded in half. On one side, I would have the acid or base. Then on the other side, it would say soluble or insoluble. I also liked to group together acids and bases that have similar patterns and memorize them together. Anki is a fantastic program too. Highly recommend using it for memorization.