Got Accepted To Bu Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RupeshV

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well after four years of trying to get into dental school, it finally happened today!!!!!!!!! I got the fed ex package from BU after being put on the waitlist in march. It still has not hit me that I am going to be a dentist. To give you a little history of my life, here goes: I messed up in college and had a 2.8 gpa, then went to grad school at BU school of medicine and worked my ass off and earned a 3.4 gpa while taking some hard classes like Physio, Biochem, Endocrin, Pathology, Immuno, etc just to show that i can handle the work. I scored a 19 on the DAT's. I did research at BU dental school and collaborated with Harvard medical school in which my paper will be published soon. Anyways, all I am saying is that if you work your ass off and put in the hours, it will all pay off at the end.

Anyways, I had a little too much to drink, so I don't know if I am making any sense, but I am so relieved and ready to start working even harder now. Thanks for all the help!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I told you before that I thought you'd get off that waitlist. Congrats dude...see you in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats man :) it sure seems like it has been a long time coming for you. good luck with everything in dental school

RupeshV said:
Well after four years of trying to get into dental school, it finally happened today!!!!!!!!!
Did you apply 4 years in a row?

At any rate, congrats and yet another "under 3.0" success! Now put forth that exact same mentality and drive into your dental education. :thumbup:

Congradz on your acceptance...this shows that we should never give up... :)

Congratulations! You deserved it after all the hard work!

RupeshV said:
Hey guys,

Well after four years of trying to get into dental school, it finally happened today!!!!!!!!! I got the fed ex package from BU after being put on the waitlist in march. It still has not hit me that I am going to be a dentist. To give you a little history of my life, here goes: I messed up in college and had a 2.8 gpa, then went to grad school at BU school of medicine and worked my ass off and earned a 3.4 gpa while taking some hard classes like Physio, Biochem, Endocrin, Pathology, Immuno, etc just to show that i can handle the work. I scored a 19 on the DAT's. I did research at BU dental school and collaborated with Harvard medical school in which my paper will be published soon. Anyways, all I am saying is that if you work your ass off and put in the hours, it will all pay off at the end.

Anyways, I had a little too much to drink, so I don't know if I am making any sense, but I am so relieved and ready to start working even harder now. Thanks for all the help!!!!

Hard work does indeed pay off.... congrats

RupeshV said:
Hey guys,

did you just take classes in the grad school or go into a master's prog. of sorts?

RupeshV said:
Hey guys,

There you go man...finally after a long wait.... Congratulations..... :thumbup:

Thanks for all the support and kind words. Yeah, it definetly took awhile to get accepted. All I can say is never give up and if you want something bad enough- all you have to do is work hard.

To all those who have low gpas, think of doing a masters as well as research and try to build relationships with the faculty and staff. That is what I did and it helped me out in a big way

Congratulations !!!! You sure deserve it after all of your hard work!

Members don't see this ad :)
So did you go to medical school before gettting accepted to dental school? or you just took classes with medical students? sorry for the lame question...

BUT Congrats and i hope you make it through dental school!! :thumbup:

That is awesome. Congrats!!!!!!

this made my day. i am so happy for you!

this is just the beginning ... but, enjoy your summer and get ready for dental school! yeah!

Congrats, man!

Questions: did you get waitlisted the first time due to GPA? DAT? experience? essay? LOR's? or other reasons? Sorry for the questions, but I'm basically in the same boat, and just submitted my AADSAS 2007 (I'm a reapplicant from 2006- reasons of "rejection", as told to me by admissions, was the late submission), but I plan to get higher DAT.

Thanks! And congrats again!

Hey RupeshV-I'm really happy for you, I know you were nervous about it. Did you try to get into dental school 4 yrs in a row? Good luck and again Congratulations!!!

RupeshV said:
Hey guys,

hey guys,

to answer some questions, yeah I applied four years straight, I raised up my gpa by doing a two year masters program with a research thesis and also raised up my DAT scores. The admissions officers told me to enroll in a masters program in order to bring up my gpa and let them know that I can handle the courseload. I continued to work at a dental office- and went on mission trips to different places for the experience.

RupeshV said:
Hey guys,

You are a pimp! Congratulations man, you definitely deserve it! :luck:

congrats Ruphesh!! I am still waiting for mine.. just curious, did you do anything after getting waitlisted? does admittance after waitlist require the summer program too?

RupeshV said:
hey guys,

to answer some questions, yeah I applied four years straight, I raised up my gpa by doing a two year masters program with a research thesis and also raised up my DAT scores. The admissions officers told me to enroll in a masters program in order to bring up my gpa and let them know that I can handle the courseload. I continued to work at a dental office- and went on mission trips to different places for the experience.

Wow, if that's not dedication, I don't know what is! It's funny, we've never met, but I'm truly happy for you :cool: I can't imagine the relief you must be feeling..and to be going to BU which is a great school, that's awesome!!! :thumbup:

CONGRATS! See ya this fall. To everyone else going to BU, have you received your packets in the mail yet? I still have not received anything but my tuition invoice of course. Just wondering if I am still the only one that has no idea what is going on and I am leaving on Wednesday to head up for Excel!

Kevin

congrats! getting dental school is like trying to get into any competitive medical program. you might get turned down a few times if your credentials aren't great. however, if you want it badly and work hard enough, eventually a school or schools will accept you.

congrats again and good luck!

DUDER!!!! you best be gettin drunk and crunk and hyphy hyphy hyphy!! Congrats, relax for a few weeks and then buck up baby!

I just got my fedex today. I will see you this fall RupeshV.