Gourman Report/Rankings ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batmeat

Class of 2009 yo.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a site on the web that displays the current dental school rankings? So far I've been accepted to BU and Pitt, and placed on second round at Tufts, Case, Indiana, OHSU, and Marquette. I'm curious about all there rankings in regards to their clinical experience and specializations

Members don't see this ad.

It used to. I found one for 1997, which is irrelevant for today though. There's gotta be some sort of ranking system for dental schools. There is for Med school, why wouldn't there be one for Dent?

Members don't see this ad :)
bec the schools don't allow it

they refuse to give information for ranking bec it is pointless

each school has their ups and downs but all carry the ADA approval...and thats all that matters!

I think that is sorta lame. However, I also see the logic in too. I suppose the question I should ask then is...Where would you go from first choice to last from the list of schools I posted above?

We should come up with a montly Poll for kicks and giggles. "How many threads will be made asking about dental school rankings this month?"

:rolleyes:

drPheta said:
We should come up with a montly Poll for kicks and giggles. "How many threads will be made asking about dental school rankings this month?"

:rolleyes:
We should also do one for:
"Average dentists salary"
"OMG. I only have a 3.94 GPA. Do I have a chance?"
"Does NYU really drop 1/3 of their class after year 1"
"Is Temple safe?"
"Dating in dental school"
"Ortho vs Endo"

flat4 said:
"Is Temple safe?"
"Ortho vs Endo"

I agree with you there. Although I only signed up a few hours ago, I've read posts on here for quite some time. You hit the nail on the head with these. As for me, I think $$$ is a big issue no matter where you go to school. I feel that money shouldn't be an issue because this is an education for the rest of your life. Can You put a price on that? Everybody is different though. Just MHO. More then likely I think I'm going to pay the deposit for Boston. They seem to place more individuals when it comes to specializations.

flat4 said:
"Is Temple safe?"
"Ortho vs Endo"

LOL. Good stuff. But do you have any answers? :D

ItsGavinC said:
LOL. Good stuff. But do you have any answers? :D
Yes. It's called the "search button" ;)

batmeat said:
I agree with you there. Although I only signed up a few hours ago, I've read posts on here for quite some time. You hit the nail on the head with these. As for me, I think $$$ is a big issue no matter where you go to school. I feel that money shouldn't be an issue because this is an education for the rest of your life. Can You put a price on that? Everybody is different though. Just MHO. More then likely I think I'm going to pay the deposit for Boston. They seem to place more individuals when it comes to specializations.
I wasn't trying to be an ass so I hope you didn't take offense and go hide away. But you gotta understand that some of these topics do get repetetive to some of the vets and we can only reply so many times before it starts to get frustrating. The search button is your friend :thumbup: As for your question of where we think you should go, we need more details on you (ie. specialize/general, which state you're from/would like to pratice in, big/small town, family, car/bus, and the list goes on. Give us something to work with and I think you'll get some better answers. Congrats on getting in BTW.

batmeat said:
Is there a site on the web that displays the current dental school rankings? So far I've been accepted to BU and Pitt, and placed on second round at Tufts, Case, Indiana, OHSU, and Marquette. I'm curious about all there rankings in regards to their clinical experience and specializations

If you look at both the ESPN and AP Coaches poll, the University of Illinois is obviously the best school in the nation.

flat4 said:
I wasn't trying to be an ass so I hope you didn't take offense and go hide away. But you gotta understand that some of these topics do get repetetive to some of the vets and we can only reply so many times before it starts to get frustrating. The search button is your friend :thumbup: As for your question of where we think you should go, we need more details on you (ie. specialize/general, which state you're from/would like to pratice in, big/small town, family, car/bus, and the list goes on. Give us something to work with and I think you'll get some better answers. Congrats on getting in BTW.

No offense taken. I did try to search around, but I couldn't find much of what I wanted. Perhaps 'cause I don't quite know how to search effectively yet. Anyway, I'm from Idaho. There is a cooperative dental program with Creighton, but imo it is terrible. I do want to specialize. I've thought about maxial facial surgery, ortho, and endontics. As far as where I want to practice...no real preference. I'm from a small town, but I like city life too.