GPA Calculation by WES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steffi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how WES calculates GPA ? I repeated some courses while doing my dentistry in India. Will the GPA be reduced because I repeated the courses ? I looked at my ECE report and I find that my GPA was lower than what would have been the calculated GPA if I hadn't repeated the courses.

I am considering sending my credentials to WES for evaluation. I was wondering if they will do the same thing as ECE or not ?

Members don't see this ad.

hi, go for wes evaluation, my gpa was 2.59 by ECE and now it`s 3.47 by WES.
so i hope u will also get a better gpa with wes. Hope for the best.........
Wish u a good luck.
:)
steffi said:
Does anyone know how WES calculates GPA ? I repeated some courses while doing my dentistry in India. Will the GPA be reduced because I repeated the courses ? I looked at my ECE report and I find that my GPA was lower than what would have been the calculated GPA if I hadn't repeated the courses.

I am considering sending my credentials to WES for evaluation. I was wondering if they will do the same thing as ECE or not ?

hi
Please can u let me know how did u apply to wes and what all documents you had given.r we suppose to give notarized copies and do u have to give 10th and 12th marks sheet.please explain how did u apply online or thru paper application please reply back
with regards

Members don't see this ad :)
hi sonibun ,
i got my wes report recentaly.I had sent them photocopies of all the mark sheets since 10th standard till my dental education. Also the copy of 10th &12th pass certificate by CBSE ,dental degree ,and the dental registration or liscence as they say......nothing was notarized...hope that helps.
yash

hi steffi,
Do not consider......... just send your papers for wes evaluation....it will help.
yash

I am not trying to be philosophical (??), but I think neither ECE nor WES is fair in the evaluation process. From what I learned, students in the US are graded for the papers they have failed. The other thing is students are given grades A, A-, B+, B, B- and so on. So on fair evaluation ( remember this is what I think is right, not what is right ), I think they should use both during the evaluation. The problem is ECE takes the negative part.. caculating the attempts failed and WES takes the positive part - using all the grades ( I hope you understand what I mean). What I think these services shd do is use both which would give a very fair evaluation. Also it is sooo funny that two services recognised in the US gives different GPA for the same individual. But who cares???? The higher the better for the candidate!! :D

Any opinions????

Hi, for WES u can apply online & pay $150/- by ur credit card and then u can send photocopies of ur 12Th std and Dentistry degree and transcripts by mail. u can even check ur status online if u apply online, `coz u get a confirmation no., which u can use to check ur status anytime. i think online application saves a lot of time , they take 10 business days.
take care, good luck :)
sonibun said:
hi
Please can u let me know how did u apply to wes and what all documents you had given.r we suppose to give notarized copies and do u have to give 10th and 12th marks sheet.please explain how did u apply online or thru paper application please reply back
with regards

gpsbhattal said:
Hi, for WES u can apply online & pay $150/- by ur credit card and then u can send photocopies of ur 12Th std and Dentistry degree and transcripts by mail. u can even check ur status online if u apply online, `coz u get a confirmation no., which u can use to check ur status anytime. i think online application saves a lot of time , they take 10 business days.
take care, good luck :)
Hi Thanks for ur reply
i wanted to clarify that how to send documents online.
plz reply bac

sonibun said:
Hi Thanks for ur reply
i wanted to clarify that how to send documents online.
plz reply bac

You can fax all your documents to them.

Hi Yash,

Is it necessary to do evaluation before we take the exam?

yash said:
hi steffi,
Do not consider......... just send your papers for wes evaluation....it will help.
yash

hi ship 80,
To take National Dental Board exam you have to get a general evaluation done by ECE.Hope that helps.
yash