GPA Calculation for Second Bachelors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellie08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just have this great suspicion that I will get killed for asking this but I have searched and searched and can't find the answer - probably because I've seen the answer go both ways.

Anyways, my question is whether classes taken to obtain a second bachelors will be included in the undergraduate G.P.A. or whether it will be included in the graduate G.P.A. I ask this primarily because I am considering declaring a second bachelors for financial aid reasons but would not if the classes would not go towards my undergraduate GPA.

I have looked all over the AAMC website and it seems like the classes would go towards the undergraduate GPA but I've heard from others that it would not.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think all of the classes would go under your sr year...Correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
The two previous posters are right...it certainly would not be considered graduate school (only masters and PhD degrees), and if you're adding it now, it'll either be considered senior or possibly post-bacc, since it's right after your original bacc, but still undergrad GPA.

HA. Trying to get Fin Aid? Cant get it without working toward a degree or cerificate.

I found out the hard way this semester. Now I need to try and see if I can get a teachers certificate and take more science classes.

Thanks to everyone! That clarifies everything :)

HA. Trying to get Fin Aid? Cant get it without working toward a degree or cerificate.

I found out the hard way this semester. Now I need to try and see if I can get a teachers certificate and take more science classes.

My UG just told me to declare a major, any major, and FinAid wouldn't be a problem.