GPA Calculation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SyrianHero

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know that you are considered a freshman until you have 27 semester credits taken, but what if I had taken 27 college credits in high school, and therefore when I start college I'd be considered a sophomore from the start. Does that mean that AMCAS will not have a freshman year GPA for me since I'd start college with more than 27 credits taken?

Members don't see this ad.

So I know that you are considered a freshman until you have 27 semester credits taken, but what if I had taken 27 college credits in high school, and therefore when I start college I'd be considered a sophomore from the start. Does that mean that AMCAS will not have a freshman year GPA for me since I'd start college with more than 27 credits taken?

No, they see all your college grades since you send all your transcripts. Your class status doesn't meant anything. I came in almost a junior.

Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 1 user
No, they see all your college grades since you send all your transcripts. Your class status doesn't meant anything. I came in almost a junior.

I know they will see all my classes, but I was wondering what will AMCAS show as my freshman GPA? There will be a highschool GPA since I took 27 college credits in highschool, but then will AMCAS not show any GPA for freshman year since technically I entered as a sophomore because my credit hours already taken?

Members don't see this ad :)
No. It isn't based on number of credits. If you list it under freshmen year it will show up under freshman year.

No. It isn't based on number of credits. If you list it under freshmen year it will show up under freshman year.

Hmmm... Ok, but I heard 0-27 credits you're considered a freshman and after that you're considered a sophomore. Is that not true?

Hmmm... Ok, but I heard 0-27 credits you're considered a freshman and after that you're considered a sophomore. Is that not true?
No when you enter courses you say which term they were taken in. For instance I have 15 AP credits plus 38 credits listed under freshman year.

No when you enter courses you say which term they were taken in. For instance I have 15 AP credits plus 38 credits listed under freshman year.

But I took 6 years to complete my degree so would the last 3 years be considered my senior year? Or is it by credits?

But I took 6 years to complete my degree so would the last 3 years be considered my senior year? Or is it by credits?

You're waay overthinking this. As I said, no one cares what class status you are. Just enter them under the appropriate year you took them. Even if you categorize them weirdly, no one will care. You're not the only person with high school college credits nor are you the first person to have 6 years worth of credit. Categorize according to what you think is best.