GPA ?s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpitFiR3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to apply for pharm school next year. I'm planning to finish my Bio degree b4 going to pharm school. I do well in the class that are require, but not so hot in other science class and some other breadth class(they are not require for pharm school). Does pharm school care about those other class?

Also, should I wait till they accept me then I take the hardest class or should I finish off the prereq with a mediocre grade?
Many thx

Members don't see this ad.

that depends upon what your stats are in the first place. To be competitive for all schools you would want to have a 3.6+ GPA coming out of undergrad, a 90th percentile PCAT score, and pharmacy experience, and personality. I would recommend not settling for an average grade in your required courses. You are going to have to work really hard in pharmacy school, so I would start on your required courses. That is why so much weight is placed on math and science in pharmacy school admission.