GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loveeyes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that optometry school look at all your grades when they look at your application, but do they emphasize more on your cumulative gpa, pre-req gpa, or science gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

science GPA will take priority, if you're asking about a ranking. and since most of the pre-reqs are science classes (with a few exceptions), this answers your other question. cumulative is probably going to be secondary.

science GPA will take priority, if you're asking about a ranking. and since most of the pre-reqs are science classes (with a few exceptions), this answers your other question. cumulative is probably going to be secondary.

I asked an Optometry school about this, and they told me as long as you meet the cutoff science and cumulative GPA, then you go into a computer for ranking. He told me that this ranking was based off of cumulative GPA and OAT scores.

With that said, they do look at individual grades. They told me that if you have mostly Bs in the sciences, you should be OK

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked an Optometry school about this, and they told me as long as you meet the cutoff science and cumulative GPA, then you go into a computer for ranking. He told me that this ranking was based off of cumulative GPA and OAT scores.

With that said, they do look at individual grades. They told me that if you have mostly Bs in the sciences, you should be OK
the point I was making is that "Bs" in the sciences are better than A+s in the other areas, like, say "French 101" for instance.