Gpa.

DDSDan93

Aspiring Dentist.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. My school runs grades on a High School Average system (1-100). I am looking on Buffalo's website right now for Dental School Early Assurance and it says I would need a 3.5 GPA. What is this on a 1-100 Scale? I have heard so many different answers.

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea how colleges or dental schools work with numeric grades, but here's how AMCAS, the med school application service, does it: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2009conversionguide.pdf As you can see, there isn't a concrete answer there. Based on those marks, I'd guess an 85 is a safe place to be, but if you consider a straight 10-point grading scale in which an A- is a 3.7, and a B+ is a 3.3, you might want to be in the 88-90 range somewhere.

Are you doing a combined program? An early assurance program sounds like something you'd need a 3.5 in college for.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, Thats what I was thinking of doing. Applying to SUNY Buffalo (In State) right after High School and try an Early Assurance.

You need a 90 on a 100 scale to equal a 3.5 on the 4.0 scale. On the scale A=95/4.0 B=85/3.0 C=75/2.0