Graduate Program Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sarita

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if ranking stats exists for Australian graduate med schools - in terms of quality of teaching, graduate satisfaction, research, etc?

In particular, how do Sydney, Melbourne, ANU, Queensland and UWA compare?

Members don't see this ad.

Sarita said:
Hi,

Does anyone know if ranking stats exists for Australian graduate med schools - in terms of quality of teaching, graduate satisfaction, research, etc?

In particular, how do Sydney, Melbourne, ANU, Queensland and UWA compare?

As far as I know there are no official rankings. There are, however, significant differences in tuition and cost of living between the schools. The graduate entry program is starting to take off in a lot of schools throughout Australia, so new programs are popping up. Flinders Uni, Sydney, and Queenslands are the most established of all the programs. All of the others are relatively new and may need a few more years to work out all the "bugs" in the curriculum. I'm a Flinders grad (so I'm biased), and Flinders is the oldest post-graduate program in Australia. Very good program!

Hey FlindersGrad,

did you apply from Canada or US? and what are the stats to get into Flinders?

Also how easy is it to get PR (permanent residency) before getting into medicine and how long does it take?

Is it harder for PRs to get in or Internationals?

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
mdphddermo said:
Hey FlindersGrad,

did you apply from Canada or US? and what are the stats to get into Flinders?

Also how easy is it to get PR (permanent residency) before getting into medicine and how long does it take?

Is it harder for PRs to get in or Internationals?

thanks

-FlindersGrad is from the US

-If u get a PR before getting into medicine ur not in the international pool, and that makes getting into medical school harder since u will be competing with the local aussies.

I agree. It's much easier to get in as an international than as a local. However, I understand that even the international spots are getting real competitive.