Graduating early

Monkey.King

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was recently looking into graduating early. I looked up my states graduation requirements and all I need to do is pass my last HSA and get one more credit in English. I'm taking my last HSA at the end of the month, but how do I fulfill the final year of English?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I did early grad too. Took both English III and IV my 3rd year. Just talk to your guidance counselor to arrange the schedule. It wasn't a big deal for me aside from having to switch up some of my other electives because of time conflicts.
Edit: OP what year are you? I made the decision in Sophomore year and planned my junior year accordingly.

Well never mind. I talked to my principal and apparently "Our school isn't set up for students to be able to graduate early because we are required to take 28 credits vs the graduation requirement of 21". At any other school I would've been able to take a Englisb IV in the summer. My principal also basically said graduating early gets you a GED and people who do so won't do any better than the typical McDonald's job stereotype

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol tell your principle he's a total dunce if he really believes that. I graduated in three years and got a full ride to my university, and my best friend also graduated early and got honorable mention in the Goldwater scholarship. It takes a certain level of maturity and intellect to take full advantage of graduating HS early, but it's not equivalent to a GED. It's the same HS diploma as everyone else I walked the stage with.

I'm graduating in 3 years this May with quite a few duel-credit classes to help my start into college.. I think that graduating early, doubling, tripling up on classes takes a lot of work. Some people might say that it's nothing like college, but it teaches you solid work ethic in regards to academics because you can't possibly compare normal high school to college. However, when you double, triple, and tank through classes (in a good way A's, B's) I think it's a good way to start adapting to the future workload. It also will give you a jump if your entering any pre-medical professional.

Sounds smart! Get high school finished as quickly as possible. Start your classes at a CC and transfer ASAP with good grades. I knew a chick who was on track to graduating with her Bachelor's by the age of 20. You can save A LOT of time.

Reactions: 1 user
And I found out today it's only the city schools that can't graduate early. Only the county schools(And it is a known fact that city schools are inferior to county schools in terms of everything from quality of education to funding). What really pisses me off is that because the amount of classes everyone has to take which is 7, that English credit is the only thing stopping anyone from graduating early. And I would have gotten college credit for my classes. All the administrators I ask keep telling me crap about "Oh, this is a college prep school (Isn't every normal high school suppose to prepare for college? Wtf?), the goal isn't to graduate as early as possible, the goal is to make sure you have the skill sets necessary to do well in college" and blah blah blah.

And I found out today it's only the city schools that can't graduate early. Only the county schools(And it is a known fact that city schools are inferior to county schools in terms of everything from quality of education to funding). What really pisses me off is that because the amount of classes everyone has to take which is 7, that English credit is the only thing stopping anyone from graduating early. And I would have gotten college credit for my classes. All the administrators I ask keep telling me crap about "Oh, this is a college prep school (Isn't every normal high school suppose to prepare for college? Wtf?), the goal isn't to graduate as early as possible, the goal is to make sure you have the skill sets necessary to do well in college" and blah blah blah.

Don't trip little homie. You can still get ahead this summer by taking 2-3 college courses over summer if you go register at your nearest CC right now. You will be busy and you better ace them... but it's oohhhh so much better than high school. Work on the time management and you'll be ahead of the game.