Graduating in the summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gladiolus23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm planning to apply next cycle for medical school…I'm also planning to graduate next summer (grades will be in by September 2015). I do want to submit my app as early as possible, so I will probably just send in my Spring 2015 grade transcripts with the primary application in June.

However, can I also send an updated transcript of my final summer grades (which would really boost my GPA!) to all the medical schools in September? Would it be given any consideration when adcoms decide who to invite for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm planning to apply next cycle for medical school…I'm also planning to graduate next summer (grades will be in by September 2015). I do want to submit my app as early as possible, so I will probably just send in my Spring 2015 grade transcripts with the primary application in June.

However, can I also send an updated transcript of my final summer grades (which would really boost my GPA!) to all the medical schools in September? Would it be given any consideration when adcoms decide who to invite for interviews?
Well, typically if the new summer grades aren't in by the time you submit your primary and secondary, they will still consider you for an interview invite. The emphasis here is... generally. There are some schools that will hold off on granting you an interview invite unless you submit your updated transcript. It shouldn't really be a problem in your case.

Further note, schools typically have to be notified prior to accepting your updated transcript for consideration. Sending it to AMCAS will not make any difference to your GPA post-verification, so don't send the updated transcript to AMCAS.

I really don't think it will be a problem. Many people apply at the end of junior year and some update after first semester senior year too. Some are even accepted based on the GPAs from junior year. Don't worry. Just get your app in really early and then send transcripts indicating your degree when you graduate!