Graduation from Medical School / Uniforms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAVYdoc07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do we wear for our Navy promotion ceremony at graduation?

Also, I've only received uniforms from OIS 4 years ago, so I will probably need to get more and also update my ranking. Certain items still fit that I can take to a tailor to update (if any one knows a trusty tailor who knows the military regulations in the south FL area, please let me know), but is there a website or a phone number where we can EASILY order new uniforms?

Thanks for your help, as always!

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I've only received uniforms from OIS 4 years ago, so I will probably need to get more and also update my ranking. Certain items still fit that I can take to a tailor to update (if any one knows a trusty tailor who knows the military regulations in the south FL area, please let me know), but is there a website or a phone number where we can EASILY order new uniforms?

Google 'navy uniform shop'. There's a good website that will come up. There's a chance it won't let you on if you have DEERs issues (HPSP is notorious for that). Otherwise you can just go to the local uniform shop between the time you move and the time you start orientation. For my promotion I was in civies at my local reserve center.

If you're in the military computers you can go to www.navy-nex.com and then go to the "uniform shop" for the official website. You can then take your pants, jackets, etc to any local tailor to have them hemmed. (I usually recommend asking your local police/fire department which tailor they use as that tailor will have mucho experience at dealing with uniforms).

If your interested in a little higher quality uniform and not too averse to paying a little bit more there is a great military tailor in Pensacola called Abbott's. You might give them a call and see if they are coming down to any ROTC units nearby to take measurements or you can just order from them. They are a place that will take your measurements and keep them on file and anytime you need a new set you can just ring them up.

You essentially have 3 choices. Most appropriate would be Service Dress Whites (choker whites). Next would be Service Dress Blues (they are never wrong) and finally Summer Whites. Khakies would not be appropriate.

If you just need the uniforms let out a bit, any tailor can do it.