GRE chances/advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alex_nguy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted your advise on my chances of getting into PT school as my senior year is slowly approaching. I was looking into applying into the University of Colorado, Regis, Rocky Mountain, Puget Sound, and Eastern Washington.

Cum GPA: 3.9
GRE: Q: 152 V: 145 E: 4.0
Hours: 3 settings w/300+ hours spread out
LOR: 1 PT and 2 Prof that I know well and 1 PT I'm okay with it

I know my GRE verbal score is mediocre, but I'm just not sure if it's worth it to retake the whole GRE after I took a break from my first test 3 weeks ago. To spend $200+ dollars for a chance to earn 3 or more points higher doesn't sound ideal. My worst fear is even after studying more and getting back into it, I somehow do worse. Will that 3 point difference really be that big of a factor if my other stats make up for it. Most of the schools have a range of values/recommended, therefore I kind of lost that motivation to retake it. Worst case scenario, after graduating in 1 year, I could always study and retake it next summer for the following cycle.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

Some school have a 150 150 requirement keep that in mind

Reactions: 1 user
Ask your schools what the average stats are for the students accepted during the last few cycles and see if that may help you with your decision regarding retakes.
Before registering for GRE again, take practice tests and see your scores. If they are below the score you need/want, do not register - will be the waste of money.