GRE Powerprep errors on vista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

solar3000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok as the title says. ... i downloaded gre powerprep software and IT DOESN'T WORK. It makes me so frustrated.
I have windows vista and i keep getting errors.
anyone knows how to fix it? or any vista GRE compatible software?

Members don't see this ad.

ok as the title says. ... i downloaded gre powerprep software and IT DOESN'T WORK. It makes me so frustrated.
I have windows vista and i keep getting errors.
anyone knows how to fix it? or any vista GRE compatible software?

I hear a lot of very serious complaints about Vista. Everyone I know deleted Vista and reinstalled the previous version. It seems drastic, but it works. Good luck with your studies. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to that site and did this :
"All it needs is that the program be run as an 'administrator' and in compatibility mode for Windows 98. Simple eh ? Try it! It works !"

it really did work lol.

thanks everyone

For many, you won't even be able to install the program. This is an error on the part of PowerPrep. And I have a solution.

As the entire software package is 16 bit, the path to the setup file needs to fit this format. Each folder name in the path can be no longer than 8 characters.

The problem lies in that the downloaded package file automatically unzips everything to a folder that doesn't meet this requirement. So, your best bet is to use something like Winzip or Winrar to extract the files into a folder. then you should be able to run the setup file.

As for the rest, you will probably need to make sure you're running the software itself in the correct compatibility mode.