GRE Score Submission Close to Deadline Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wliu0224

Reaction score
Hello guys this is my first time posting.
My first GRE test that I took did not turn out so great as I wanted. I am retaking it 9/28 due to the 21 days restriction. The schools application deadlines are in November 1st but the last acceptable GRE test date is 10/1 and since the scaling test score will take 10-15 days will it still be acceptable?

Thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would also like to know the answer to this question so I’m just looping myself in this thread

I was in the exact same situation as you are. Yes, taking GRE on 9/28 will work (that's why GRE deadline is earlier than the application deadline: to make sure they do receive GRE score by Nov). For my own peace of mind, I also emailed my school my GRE scores (the ones that showed up right after I took GRE) on the day I took my last GRE. I just said I took GRE today and here my score... you should receive the official scores within 2 weeks.

I am retaking the GRE September 15th, but last time I took it I received my Verbal and Quant score immediately after the test, and the essay took 4 days to grade. I think if you electronically send it, it is super quick. Good luck!