GRE scores sent after SOPHAS verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wwxx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone sent GRE scores after submitting SOPHAS? My SOPHAS was verified in November and I took GRE on Dec.1st.
I'm wondering if I get any sort of notification or confirmation that they received my scores?

Thanks! And good luck in getting acceptances everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

They will update your "official tests" section as soon as they get them. You can check your ETS account too, usually SOPHAS uploads your scores the day after ETS "sends" them.

I did. It takes about a week for SOPHAS and your schools to receive your scores. I never received any type of notification. Just check your ETS account. Once it's sent, it will no longer say pending. I know that you're supposed to send individual scores to all of the schools, but I never sent my scores to Tulane and they said my application was complete and under review. And I looked at older threads and apparently some schools absolutely require you to send them your scores and some get the information from SOPHAS. It's odd. But I'm not complaining. It costs $30 to send scores!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
As others have said, you won't receive notification. It will simply update your official tests section. SOPHAS is pretty good about updating your GRE scores fairly quickly.

I did. It takes about a week for SOPHAS and your schools to receive your scores. I never received any type of notification. Just check your ETS account. Once it's sent, it will no longer say pending. I know that you're supposed to send individual scores to all of the schools, but I never sent my scores to Tulane and they said my application was complete and under review. And I looked at older threads and apparently some schools absolutely require you to send them your scores and some get the information from SOPHAS. It's odd. But I'm not complaining. It costs $30 to send scores!!!
As others have said, you won't receive notification. It will simply update your official tests section. SOPHAS is pretty good about updating your GRE scores fairly quickly.

Thank you both! My scores came out today at ETS, it hasn't got to SOPHAS yet. Do you know how long it will appear on SOPHAS after scores come out??

BTW, I got 157 on verbal and 167 on Math and only a 3.5 on writing. Will it hurt??!

BTW, I got 157 on verbal and 167 on Math and only a 3.5 on writing. Will it hurt??!

You have a fantastic quantitative score! Are you applying to epi or biostat? Your verbal is above 70% which is what I understand to be a competitive score, so I would not worry about that. I know 3.5 is low, I got the same score on the writing. If you write an outstanding SOP that usually counters any bad writing score since it is testament to your actual writing abilities. I have also heard that writing does not matter as much as the other two sections (although not being an adcom I cannot say for sure, and I imagine it depends on the school). I know schools like Tulane only have a minimum for the quant and verbal, but don't mention anything about the writing. Short story long, from my non-expert option :), I would say you are just fine! Good luck!

You have a fantastic quantitative score! Are you applying to epi or biostat? Your verbal is above 70% which is what I understand to be a competitive score, so I would not worry about that. I know 3.5 is low, I got the same score on the writing. If you write an outstanding SOP that usually counters any bad writing score since it is testament to your actual writing abilities. I have also heard that writing does not matter as much as the other two sections (although not being an adcom I cannot say for sure, and I imagine it depends on the school). I know schools like Tulane only have a minimum for the quant and verbal, but don't mention anything about the writing. Short story long, from my non-expert option :), I would say you are just fine! Good luck!

Haha Thanks!! I also heard writing does not matter much (hope it's true). "Sadly", I'm applying for MHA. When I saw my score, I totally thought I should've gone for Biostats, which I considered but still chose MHA. But since I took the GRE after I submitted the app, oh well......

Those are great scores! I got the same thing for writing. From everything I've read, adcoms really don't care about your writing score as long as you demonstrate in your SOP that you are an effective writer.

Thank you both! My scores came out today at ETS, it hasn't got to SOPHAS yet. Do you know how long it will appear on SOPHAS after scores come out??

They appeared on my SOPHAS application as soon as it was marked as sent on ETS.